[ATTW-L] Two Full-time Lecturer Positions in Technical Communication at UNT

Lam, Chris Chris.Lam at unt.edu
Tue Apr 30 17:37:12 UTC 2019

Hello ATTW-L,

We are excited to announce two open Lecturer positions at UNT beginning Fall 2019. Details are below. Please email me if you have any questions!
The University of North Texas invites applications for two full-time lecturers to begin in fall of 2019. Both lecturers will teach courses in the university core, as well as upper-division undergraduate courses for tech comm majors and both will also be responsible for service to the department. Service activities will focus one of a few key areas which might include: (1) public relations coordinating (overseeing web and social media content for the department; (2) events coordinating (organizing major departmental events); (3) corporate relations coordinating (identifying and providing professional development and placement opportunities with local stakeholders).
Both positions will be hired on a renewable, 9-month contract with full state benefits and other perks (e.g., tuition/fee waivers for the employee and dependents).
Minimum Qualifications:

  *   Master's degree with a concentration or specialization in technical communication or a related field
Preferred Qualifications:

  *   Experience teaching technical communication, preferably in face-to-face and higher education settings
  *   Industry experience as a technical communicator or related profession
The Department of Technical Communication at UNT is one of a handful of stand-alone departments of technical communication in the world. We have an active advisory board filled with industry professionals, and our courses focus on client projects that provide students with industry experience. With ongoing investments from the university, our programs and profile have grown significantly and will continue to do so. Learn more at techcomm.unt.edu<http://techcomm.unt.edu/>.
Application Procedures:
Applicants must submit a cover letter and a resume at facultyjobs.unt.edu as soon as possible. The search committee will begin reviewing applications on May 29, 2019 and will continue until the search is closed.
UNT is an AA/ADA/EOE institution.

Chris Lam, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Technical Communication
University of North Texas
Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication
Christopherylam.com
312-404-2430