[ATTW-L] Case studies of proposal writing

Lisa Dush ladush at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 15:15:57 UTC 2019

Hi Joanna,

I've included, as a secondary text in a graduate-level Grant and Proposal
Writing course, *Models of proposal planning & writing, 2nd ed.* (2016), by
Miner Ball-Stahl. It's an odd (and somewhat difficult) book to read, in
that it features heavily annotated case studies of specific proposals, with
most or all of the docs from the process included in each case study (e.g.,
CFP/RFP, LOI, proposal, reviewer feedback, decision letter), but it does
make clear that proposal writing is more than one well-written proposal
doc. Also, an oldie but goodie is Anne Beaufort's *Writing in the real
world*, which as I remember has some good examples of novice writers badly
misreading the context for proposals.

Best,
Lisa

——

Lisa Dush

Associate Professor, Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and Discourse (WRD)

Director, Studio CHI Digital Humanities Center
<https://las.depaul.edu/centers-and-institutes/studio-chi/Pages/default.aspx>

DePaul University

SAC 350

Chicago, IL 60614