[ATTW-L] [EXTERNAL] Re: Information on Industry Partnerships

Hinson, Dr. Katrina KHINSON at tarleton.edu
Thu Aug 29 19:49:29 UTC 2019

Like some of the others, I think this is a great discussion to be having and would appreciate ideas being shared to the group.  I moved here from NC and the community colleges there also have advisory boards that advise all the degree programs at the community college level, not just the workforce side. At the university level though, that seems to be missing -at least here in TX. I’d like to know how to connect more to the workforce components when your college campus is situated near a metro area, but not in a metro area? We’re situated about equi-distance to Dallas-Forth Worth and Austin - how do you go about making those industry connections/collaborations/partnerships when you’re approximately 2 hours from - especially when program development and growth are your goals.

With regard,

Dr. Katrina Hinson
Ph.D. Rhetoric, Writing and Professional Communication
Assistant Professor of English
Tarleton State University
khinson at tarleton.edu<mailto:khinson at tarleton.edu>
“Progress not perfection"