[ATTW-L] Invitation to Submit to Communication Design Quarterly

Derek Ross derek.ross at auburn.edu
Thu Jan 10 17:20:24 UTC 2019

Dear Friends and Colleagues:

As new semesters start, we know that many of you are thinking about new articles and new research, or are putting the finishing touches on existing projects. When it's time to publish, please consider Communication Design Quarterly for your work. We strive for rapid turnaround, and our new Online First model allows cutting-edge research to be published in a timely fashion. Articles on our site are open-access, freely available to all, and not hidden behind any pay wall. Four times a year we archive articles into issues that are then archived in the Association for Computing Machinery's (ACM) Digital Library.

Communication Design Quarterly strives to be a place open to all types of research and writing as it relates to communication design, and we welcome non-traditional work and work by emerging scholars. We also know that many of our number work outside of academia, and welcome experience reports that summarize important technologies, techniques, methods, pedagogies, or product processes. Our Editorial Board consists of over 40 scholars spanning the globe in both location and expertise. Our most recent Special Issue, guest-edited by Sean Zdenek, focuses on reimagining accessibility and disability in technical communication, and recent Online First articles include work by Kristin Marie Bivens on reducing harm by designing tools for opiate user's contexts, Victor Del Hierro's study on imaging communication design through Hip Hop, and Ryan Rogers and Laura Dunlow's study on appearance and ability customization in games.

We have some excellent work in pipeline for you as well, and invite you to contribute to the conversation. Our latest publications can be found at https://sigdoc.acm.org/publication/. If you have something that would be a good fit for Communication Design Quarterly, please look over our guidelines at https://sigdoc.acm.org/publication/communication-design-quarterly-review/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sigdoc.acm.org_publication_communication-2Ddesign-2Dquarterly-2Dreview_&d=DwMGaQ&c=lhMMI368wojMYNABHh1gQQ&r=VsUPWHryQCCD8MGNpyS4bQ&m=YRAGZgIl-rRLOLU2fuwkbZQMGtZRkcKj7peCr29vckA&s=aMVwpwxN-2gG65ApsI__CGvxRW5mgkH8JuKB9YygcFc&e=> and direct inquiries or submissions to me at derek.ross at auburn.edu<mailto:derek.ross at auburn.edu>.

I wish you all the best for a healthy, productive, and enjoyable 2019,

Derek G. Ross

Derek G. Ross
Editor, Communication Design Quarterly<https://sigdoc.acm.org/publication/>
Department of English, 9030 Haley Center
Auburn University, AL 36849-5203
334-844-9073
http://www.derekross.com<http://www.derekross.com/>
Pronouns: he/him/his