[ATTW-L] Survey Help-Online Writing Instruction

Jessie Borgman jessieborgman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 20:28:42 UTC 2019

Greetings!

If you teach online/hybrid or administer online/hybrid writing courses I
would greatly appreciate your help in collecting research for my
dissertation.

This survey is approved by Texas Tech IRB #IRB2019-633

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BorgmanDissertation2019

Thank you in advance for your help!

Full details below.

Best,

Jessie

****

Hello-

My name is Jessie Borgman and I am working towards a Ph.D. in Technical
Communication and Rhetoric at Texas Tech University. I’m in the data
collection stage of my dissertation, tentatively titled, “The Content
Practices of Online Writing Instructors.” I am doing a survey with an
optional follow up interview.

I would greatly appreciate your willingness to participate in my study, as
I would like to learn about your content practices and the management of
the content for the online writing courses you teach or administer.

The survey is anonymous through SurveyMonkey. All information will be kept
confidential and participation is anonymous. If you choose to participate,
you will need to acknowledge consent at the start of the survey.
Participants may withdraw voluntarily at any time by exiting the
survey.  Total involvement for the survey is about 15-20 minutes.

At the end of the survey, there is an option to volunteer to be
interviewed, so if you fill out the survey and are willing to be
interviewed, please select that option and provide your contact
information.

Interviews will occur using Zoom, a web conferencing platform. The
interviews will be recorded and later transcribed by me. Following the
interview, participants will be sent the interview transcript and may
change or delete any information they would prefer not to be recorded in
the results. Names of interviewees will be changed to participant
identifiers, and the transcripts will be destroyed at the end of the
study. Total involvement for the interview is about 1 hour to 1 hour 15
minutes.

The information garnered from the study will prove extremely useful for
university faculty and staff working with online writing courses. I think
you will find the study to be interesting and worthwhile.

This study is approved by Texas Tech IRB, reference #IRB2019-633.

Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BorgmanDissertation2019

Jessie Borgman
Technical Communication and Rhetoric Program
Department of English
Texas Tech University

jessie.borgman at ttu.edu

--