[ATTW-L] Writing and Rhetoric Instructor, Florida International University, Miami, FL

Cindy Chinelly chinelly at fiu.edu
Sat Mar 23 14:35:53 UTC 2019

The Writing and Rhetoric Program in the Department of English invites exceptionally qualified candidates for two non-tenure track faculty positions at the level of Instructor. We are seeking candidates whose teaching, research, and/or graduate course work positions them to excel in one or more of the following areas: teaching first-year composition to multilingual students, teaching technical and/or scientific writing to multilingual students, teaching online, and teaching courses in rhetorical and writing theory. These 9 month appointments carry a 4/4 teaching load and are eligible for promotion. Job duties include teaching writing and rhetoric courses and completing Program service. These positions are renewable, contingent upon budget, and offer a competitive salary and benefits package, a conference travel stipend, along with a promotion ladder. Additional compensation for summer teaching may also be available.
Our growing and energetic Program seeks colleagues with strong professional backgrounds in the field of rhetoric and composition and a commitment to excellence in teaching. New faculty will have the opportunity to contribute to our new major in Writing and Rhetoric and to our Certificate in Professional and Public Writing, as well as to our core curriculum writing program that serves 8,000 students a year. Candidates should hold an MA in Rhetoric and Composition or a related field. Candidates who have taken graduate-level rhetoric and composition courses and hold a record of successful composition instruction at the post-secondary level are particularly encouraged to apply. FIU, one of the nation’s largest Hispanic-serving universities, is a majority/minority university, and we actively seek to recruit diverse and multilingual candidates.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Job Opening ID 516087
at https://facultycareers.fiu.edu. Applicants should provide a letter of application, current CV, unofficial graduate transcript(s), and a teaching portfolio (representative syllabi, assignments, unit plans, and student evaluations) in a single .pdf document. Finalists for on-campus interviews will be required to submit three letters of recommendation. Questions regarding these positions may be directed by e-mail to Cynthia Chinelly, Chair of the Search Committee (chinelly at fiu.edu<mailto:chinelly at fiu.edu>). To receive full consideration, applications and required materials should be received by 1/15/19. Review will continue until the positions are filled.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.

Best,

Cindy Chinelly, Associate Director
Writing & Rhetoric Program
Florida International University