[ATTW-L] condensing a 15-16 week business and tech writing course to 5-6

Drake Gossi drake.gossi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 00:15:17 UTC 2019

Does anyone have a reference for the extent to which professional engineers
value communication skills?

I'm beginning to write this course description, and I want to begin with
something like, "Johnson and Johnson interviewed 100 managers who hire
engineers, and. lo and behold, Johnson and Johnson found that 79% of
managers selected "writing and communication" as one of the top three
skills they look for in a potential employee."

And, just as before, I invite words of wisdom in general and/or relevant
assignments, syllabi, etc., in particular.

Drake