[ATTW-L] condensing a 15-16 week business and tech writing course to 5-6

Suzan Last sulast at uvic.ca
Wed Mar 13 00:52:19 UTC 2019

There is a lot of very useful data in the following article made available on Google docs (creative commons) by the Professional Writing Program at North Carolina State University:     https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pMpVbDRWIN6HssQQQ4MeQ6U-oB-sGUrtRswD7feuRB0/edit

Students in the program interviewed over 1000 professionals from various professionals (business, engineering, programming, etc).  they found that “over 70% of engineers and almost 50% of programmers rated the quality of their writing as either ‘very important’ or ‘extremely important’ to the performance of their jobs.”

I’ve also used this image from their document:
[https://pressbooks.bccampus.ca/technicalwriting/wp-content/uploads/sites/296/2017/12/Importance-of-writing-to-career-advancement-in-Engineering.png]

Suzan