[ATTW-L] Reminder: Social justice study: Participants needed for survey

Agboka, Godwin agbokag at uhd.edu
Fri Nov 8 00:28:21 UTC 2019

[Apologies for cross-posting]

Dear Colleagues:

Dr. Isidore Dorpenyo (George Mason University) and I are conducting a study to investigate how programmatic and curricular efforts in technical and professional communication (TPC) have taken up, been shaped, or complemented the “social justice turn” in scholarship in TPC. We are soliciting your participation, as we believe your participation and the results from that will help us track the status and progress of specific curricular and programmatic efforts that TPC programs have made in response to the surge in social justice scholarship in TPC.

Thus, if you teach in a TPC program, we encourage you to take our survey. The survey will take no more than 10 minutes of your time. ​

Your participation is voluntary. If you choose not to participate or to withdraw from the study at any time, there will be no penalty. The results of the research may be published, but your name will not be used. ​
​
You will not be paid for your participation in this study. However, the information that you provide can help extend knowledge in the field of TPC.​

To participate in this research, click or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:​
​
https://uhd.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0cxHDNOQMuseK2h  ​
​
Please send all your questions about this research to me (Dr. Godwin Agboka; agbokag at uhd.edu) or Dr. Isidore Dorpenyo (idorpeny at gmu.edu). ​

This project (CPHS #14-20FBR) was approved by the University of Houston-Downtown’s Committee for the Protection of Human Subject (CPHS) on October 15, 2019. All questions or concerns about this approval, the research, and research participants' rights should be directed to the CPHS chair, Dr. Franklin Allaire, via phone at 713-222-5349 or email at allairef at uhd.edu.​
​
Best,
Godwin and Isidore

----------------------------

Godwin Y. Agboka, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Professional and Technical Communication
Director, Master of Science in Technical Communication (MSTC): www.uhd.edu/mstc<http://www.uhd.edu/mstc>

Department of English
University of Houston-Downtown
One Main Street, S-1065
Houston, TX 77002
Phone: 713-223-7920
Email: mailto:agbokag at uhd.edu
www.UHD.edu<http://www.UHD.edu>

"If cultures are to be evaluated and judged, it must not come from the vantage point of an arrogant outsider."--Radhika Coomaraswamy.

"In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is." - Yogi Berra

a variety of professional contexts.