[ATTW-L] Graduate Education in the Center for Writing Studies - UIUC

Bruce Kovanen bruce.kovanen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 20:58:18 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

If you have any students interested in an MA or PhD in Writing Studies,
please pass along the attached flyer. For 27 years, the Center for Writing
Studies (CWS) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has
promoted scholarship and graduate study in writing studies and related
areas of composition, rhetoric, literacy, language, and language education.

As an interdisciplinary center, CWS offers a cross-disciplinary PhD
concentration aligned with graduate degree programs in English;
Communication; Curriculum & Instruction; Education Policy, Organization,
and Leadership; and Linguistics.

Our program has always specialized in working with students to pursue their
own interests and visions. Graduate students are able to tailor courses of
study to their needs rather than fitting into a set curriculum designed to
transmit fixed knowledge.

Please feel free to send inquiries or interested students to me.

Thanks,
Bruce Kovanen
Assistant Director, Center for Writing Studies