[ATTW-L] Lectureships in Critical Writing, University of Pennsylvania

Osborn, Matthew J mjosborn at sas.upenn.edu
Tue Nov 26 21:59:10 UTC 2019

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross posting. We are pleased to announce a few openings for full-time lecturers next year to teach first-year writing seminars in the Critical Writing Program at the University of Pennsylvania. Lecturers teach a 3/3 course load with seminars capped at 16 students. The positions are non-tenure-track, renewable from three to five years, with the possibility of long-term employment thereafter for those with a demonstrated record of excellence. Details about the positions and application process can be found here: https://apply.interfolio.com/69995.

We will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue until positions are filled.

Penn's Critical Writing Program is an independent Writing in the Disciplines program and a recipient of the 2018 CCCC Writing Program Certificate of Excellence. All first-year seminars are discipline-based, with faculty choosing topics drawn from their fields and interests. We strive to foster a diverse community of purposeful inclusion, and qualified candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.

In terms of disciplines, we are particularly interested in those in Rhet/Comp engaged with writing analytics, as well as candidates specializing in technical and professional/business writing; Sociology; Economics, Engineering, Business, and Health fields. We also welcome candidates who have a global or international research focus. For more information on the program, visit www.writing.upenn.edu/critical<http://www.writing.upenn.edu/critical>.

Having joined the program in 2017, I can attest that we have a diverse, welcoming group of scholars deeply engaged in teaching and research, a beautiful new center that houses our writing program faculty as well as our writing center tutors, and an amazing place to live, rich in diversity, culture, and history. We are also short train ride to New York, DC, Atlantic beaches, and the Pocono Mountains. See: https://www.visitphilly.com.

Please share this call widely with qualified colleagues within and outside of writing studies. Feel free to contact me off-list with questions.

Best,
Matthew Osborn

--

Matthew J. Osborn, Ph.D.

Associate Director, Writing in the Disciplines

Critical Writing Program | Center for Programs in Contemporary Writing

University of Pennsylvania

3718 Locust Walk | McNeil Suite 110

Philadelphia, PA 19104

215-573-2729