[ATTW-L] Notice of "soft deadline" with help to authors: Invitation to submit content with industry-academia focus for Vol. 1 of connexions in international professional communication & design (I.P.C.D.)

connexions in IPCD editors at connexionsinipcd.net
Tue Sep 17 14:45:23 UTC 2019

We invite your content for Volume 1 of *connexions in international
professional communication & design (I.P.C.D.).*

*About Us*
The *connexions in I.P.C.D. *eBook series is an online place for you to
publish accessible and visually rich content created for readers of
industry and academia around topics of importance to International
Professional Communication and Design (I.P.C.D.).

*What We Offer You*
Volume 1 of the eBook offers you the chance to get your work published in a
*new** kind* of publication genre for readers interested in more
collaboration between industry and academia on various I.P.C.D. topics. For
the full CFC, go to http://www.connexionsinipcd.net/ebook-cfc/ or scroll
down to read a CFC excerpt of the *Two Types of Work Accepted.*

Although September 30, 2019 is the new "soft deadline" for submitting
visually innovative content, if you want to request extra time for your
submission OR more help thinking through your approach to creating content
for Volume 1 of the series, please write to us at <
editors at connexionsinipcd.net> or call in for consultation during one of the
online meeting times listed below.

*Available Help: Online Meeting Times*Are you interested in talking through
your project idea with one of the editors? One or more of us will be
available for online consultation at these
*on these dates and times*:

- Tues., Sept. 17, 11am–12pm (*CT)
- Wed., Sept. 18, 2–3pm (*CT)
   *all times listed U.S. Central Time (CT)

*Click on this link to access video consultation meeting*:

https://meet.google.com/ucw-itnw-uok

(to join the meeting by phone, dial: +1 234-759-0367 and enter this PIN:
158 984 861#

*More Available Help: Referrals to Either Our Accessibility Editor or Plain
Language Editor*
With the success of the first volume in mind, we want to work with you as
you create content that is a little less academese and little
more industry-academia relevant in use of accessible visuals and Plain
Language. "Readable in the open moments of a busy workday!" is how we
prefer to think of *connexions in I.P.C.D.* content.

You can also seek a referral to our *connexions in I.P.C.D.* Accessibility
Editor or Plain Language Editor to help you attend to accessibility issues
and Plain Language style in your created content.

*Two Types of Work Accepted*
>From the CFC <http://www.connexionsinipcd.net/ebook-cfc/> for Volume 1 of
the *connexions in I.P.C.D. *eBook:
"Authors can submit two types of work:

--Type 1. *Written content* ranging from 2,500 to 6,000 words, including
all references. Type 1 work will have striking, dynamic *visual components* and
appealing, legible, and clear visual elements.

--Type 2. *Work with predominantly interactive content.* Type 2 content
will include embedded hyperlinks, websites and web pages; animation, images
and illustrations; problem-solving scenarios through games, videos, and
other media. This work will range from 10 to 2,500 words, including
references. Ideally, video and audio clips will be no longer than 20
minutes."

We welcome your newly created content for Volume 1 of this visually
accessible and quite-readable-in-the-moment eBook series!

The editors,
Kyle and Rosário

--

Kyle Mattson             Rosário Durão
*U. Central Arkansas   New Mexico Tech & CityLab Design, LLC*

Editors

connexions in international professional communication and design (IPCD)
www.connexionsinipcd.net
editors at connexionsinipcd.net