[ATTW-L] GPACW Conference

Armfield, Dawn M dawn.armfield at mnsu.edu
Thu Sep 19 13:02:01 UTC 2019

Hi all,

The turnaround on this is quick, but it's a great conference for grad students, especially those in the midwest who won't have as far to travel or want a conference with lower registration fees.

The Department of English at Minnesota State University, Mankato is pleased to host the (GPACW) Great Plains Alliance for Computers and Writing conference, October 26, 2019.

We are eager to receive proposals on a wide range of topics related to our theme of “Designing and writing for audiences: Theories, strategies, tips, and tricks.” The deadline for submission of proposals is September 27, 2019 at midnight.

We are interested in proposals from any discipline or industry that addresses the conference theme. We especially encourage instructors to collaborate with their graduate students and advanced undergraduate students to submit proposals for this conference. Therefore, we seek individual and panel proposals from faculty (full-time, adjunct, and teaching assistants) as well as graduate students, and working professional writers that discuss topics such as the following:

     *   Teaching audience analysis in the high-school or college composition course or in the introductory technical communication course
     *   Writing for multiple or international audiences in industry
     *   Audiences in the traditional or online classroom
     *   Developing a sense of audience for social media
     *   Content management and audience analysis
     *   Developing and writing for personas
     *   Writing for (or communicating with) those who don’t want to read

Please send a 250-word abstract with panel or paper proposal information including title of paper(s), and name, address, email, and affiliation of presenter(s) by September 27, 2019. Panels are scheduled for one hour with reading time for individual papers/presentations of no more than 15 minutes. We plan to notify presenters within two weeks after September 27. Send proposals via e-mail to Dr. Lee Tesdell (lee.tesdell at mnsu.edu), Department of English, Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Dawn M. Armfield, PhD

Assistant Professor, Technical Communication

Researcher in emerging and immersive technologies, UX, and visual rhetorics