[ATTW-L] Grad teaching assistants and tech comm service courses

Bakke, Abigail R abigail.bakke at mnsu.edu
Wed Apr 8 17:09:09 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm working on a proposal for training tech comm grad students to teach our tech comm service courses. As part of that process, I want to get a sense of how other programs handle this.

If your program offers TAships to tech comm master's and/or PhD students, what are the qualifications or requirements for those grad students to teach tech comm? For instance, must they teach first-year comp first?

What about teaching online - what additional qualifications/requirements are in place for TAs to teach courses online?

Thanks for your help.

Abi

Abigail Bakke, PhD

Assistant Professor, Technical Communication

Department of English

Minnesota State University, Mankato

Armstrong 307H

(507) 389-1035