[ATTW-L] Journal lists

Elizabeth Tomlinson Elizabeth.Tomlinson at mail.wvu.edu
Thu Apr 16 18:17:58 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

I work in a College of Business, and as part of our AACSB accreditation, our departments maintain journal ranking lists. We have a small group of Business Communication instructors from several fields (composition & rhetoric, technical writing/editing, communication studies), and we’re starting to discuss developing our own journal list.

I’d love to hear your suggestions about journals that we should investigate for possible inclusion, and any initial thoughts you have about how you would locate them in a ranking system.

The journal ranking system we use is A+, A, and B. Typically, the other departments in our college have used impact factors, acceptance rates, editorial board membership, and several other metrics as parts of their justifications for their listings.  Some of these factors seem less relevant to me within business communication, so I’m quite eager to hear other ideas.

Thanks for considering,

Beth Tomlinson