[ATTW-L] open source resources for intro to tech comm

Jonathan Arnett jonathan.arnett at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 23:55:00 UTC 2020

Hi, Alison.

Allow me to tootle my own horn in response to your question. I'm one of
the co-authors of /Open Technical Communication/ (open-tc.com), an OER
that we're using for TCOM 2010: Technical Writing at Kennesaw State
University.

/Open TC/ is essentially the same thing as the /Sexy TC/ resource that
Chris Lam mentioned in an earlier reply, but we've changed the name,
reorganized and expanded the contents, and redesigned the site.

The OER is based on SoftChalk, so open-tc.com is a redirect, but this
URL is a stable link, and we encourage you to use it.

Please feel free to use /Open Technical Communication/ and, if you like
what you see, spread the word. Also, please send us comments/requests.
We'd like to know who's using /OTC/, and we're happy to make updates.

Jonathan Arnett, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Technical Communication Coordinator
Department of Technical Communication & Interactive Design
Kennesaw State University