[ATTW-L] Follow-up to Request for Proposals for Special Issue on Enacting Social Justice

George Hayhoe HAYHOE_G at mercer.edu
Wed Jul 15 18:04:23 UTC 2020

In response to suggestions, I’d like to clarify our RFP for a guest editor/guest editor team for a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication on enacting social justice in professional communication distributed last month (see attachments).

First, to make the issue responsive to the current situation in our country and the world, the suggested timeline is very short—16 months from publishing the call for papers to submission of setting copy. We recognize that the very tight schedule may be problematic to both the editor/editor team and to potential authors. Proposals that suggest extending that timeline will be considered.

Next, we have received offers of support for the guest editor/editor team, including willingness to serve as a sounding board and to provide suggestions for manuscript peer reviewers.

Finally, we remain committed to the importance of social justice in our profession and in our world at large.

—George Hayhoe