[ATTW-L] An ATTW Thread

Timothy Giles tgiles at georgiasouthern.edu
Mon Jul 13 13:44:44 UTC 2020

This doesn't surprise me.  About ten years ago, I had this quote in my
email signature:

"While not all conservative scholars are dull, all dull scholars are
conservative."  Anton-Hermann Chroust

She saw it on an ATTW post, wrote to me, and ordered me to take it off, as
a senior member of the field.  I informed her I had been in the field since
the mid 80s and to mind her own business.

Tim

Tim Giles, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Writing & Linguistics