[ATTW-L] Spanish Translation Help Request

Sean Williams swilli13 at uccs.edu
Wed Jun 10 20:43:47 UTC 2020

Colleagues:
I'm one of the Associate Editors for IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, and one of my major jobs is managing translations of article abstracts into Chinese and Spanish. Currently, the journal needs help locating a reliable and excellent Spanish translator. If you, yourself, would like to serve in this capacity or you know of someone who might, can you please contact me *off list*  (sean.williams at uccs.edu<mailto:sean.williams at uccs.edu>)? Ideally, our translators would be native speakers of Spanish, although a very high level of fluency works, too, for second language speakers of Spanish.

We began this project in 2018 to help globalize our field's research, and we've seen a significant increase in citations and readership for the Transactions. However, our Spanish translators have moved on leaving us in need of a replacement. The abstracts to be translated are about ~250 words each, and we publish about 15-20 articles a year. The translation work is never a big burden and work trickles in throughout the year. Also, the translators receive citation credit in the online edition.

Thanks for your help!
Sean
Sean D. Williams, PhD   Director, Technical Communication and Information Design
                                          University of Colorado-Colorado Springs |+1 719 255 4037