[ATTW-L] Job Opening, Graduate Writing Center, Academic Health Science Center

Smith, Thomas G. smithtg at musc.edu
Tue Mar 17 16:42:59 UTC 2020

I am thrilled to announce that we are looking to hire a colleague in the Medical University of South Carolina's Center for Academic Excellence/Writing Center. The job is a 12-month renewing faculty position, likely at the instructor or assistant professor level, but depending on experience.

Our university is an academic health science center, so virtually all our 19 programs are graduate level health care or biomedical science, with the very notable exceptions of BSN curricula and an online Bachelor’s in Health Sciences program. The ideal applicant would be able to teach in writing center appointments primarily but also in classroom settings--and would also be able to or learn to provide more broad learning and cognitive skill support.

http://careers.pageuppeople.com/756/cw/en-us/job/520464/univ-instructor-assistant-professor

I’m attaching a pdf of the job description  Please feel free to email me off list if you’d like to ask any questions.

Thank you,

Tom

Tom G. Smith, PhD

Professor and Chair

Academic Affairs Faculty

Executive Director, Center for Academic Excellence and Writing Center

Medical University of South Carolina

Charleston, SC  29425

843-792-6390

The Center for Academic Excellence and Writing Center (CAE/WC) faculty teach students to think critically about their writing and learning. Through individualized consultation, supplemental instruction, and humanistic inquiry, we foster collaborative learning and effective, compassionate communication. Each learner’s growth is our goal.