[ATTW-L] CFP Online Writing Instruction

Jessie Borgman jessieborgman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 12:51:14 UTC 2020

Greetings ATTW Listerv-

We're excited to announce a forthcoming edited collection with the WAC
Clearinghouse.

In 2015, we created The Online Writing Instruction Community (
http://www.owicommunity.org/) as a free resource for online writing
instructors and administrators.

When we created the website, we also created The PARS approach to online
writing instruction. With the PARS approach, we drew on some very basic,
but fundamental best practices of online writing instruction.

PARS stands for:

•             Personal

•             Accessible

•             Responsive

•             Strategic

In the fall of 2019, the WAC Clearinghouse released our first book, *Personal,
Accessible, Responsive, Strategic: Resources and Strategies for Online
Writing Instructors* (https://wac.colostate.edu/books/practice/pars/)

In our text, we introduced the PARS approach to online writing instruction
in more detail and we discussed how we see online writing courses as a user
experience; therefore, the PARS approach and our first book are grounded in
user experience (UX) best practices.

Our hope is that the chapters in this upcoming edited collection will be an
extension of our co-authored text but will allow for more voices (your
voices) that highlight the application of the PARS approach and UX to
online writing instruction/course development.

We imagine these pieces to be extensions of the application-based vignettes
from our book, “Drive for Show, Putt for Dough!” and “For the Hole in
One!”. In our book, these short and practical “how tos” offered readers
quick and easy things that they could try in their online writing courses
that would make a big impact on the student and faculty user experience.

With this edited collection we want to offer more of these practical “how
tos” that come from a myriad of voices (your voices) in the sub-field of
online writing instruction.

Please see the attached CFP for the full call.

We hope you'll submit a chapter idea!

Best,

Jessie Borgman

Casey McArdle