[ATTW-L] Looking for reviewers (Communication Design Quarterly)

Avery Edenfield edenfield00 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 18:31:42 UTC 2020

Hi everyone!

I am the book review editor for *Communication Design Quarterly
<http://sigdoc.acm.org/blog/category/cdq-article/>* (CDQ), and I'm looking
for book reviews for upcoming issues. If you or any of your students are
interested in writing reviews, please feel free to reach out at
edenfield00 at gmail.com.

Additionally, we are actively seeking books and reviews by multiply
marginalized and under-represented (MMU) scholars. *CDQ* is actively
working to create a space where traditionally silenced scholars can be
centered. So, *CDQ*'s editor (Derek Ross) and I have put together a process
that we hope is more inclusive than a traditional call for reviews (first
come, first serve). I'm asking for very brief proposals for the books I
have to review (listed below). I've attached the book review guidelines.

You are welcome to propose your own book. When soliciting the book for your
review, please respond to this email with the following information.

   - The book you’d like to review
   - Why you want to review it (100 words or less)
   - When you can submit your review to be considered for publication (pick
   one): summer 2020, fall 2020, and winter (Jan. 2021)

Here are the books currently available for review.

   - *Risk Communication and Miscommunication: Case Studies in Science,
   Technology, Engineering, Government, and Community Organizations* by
   Carolyn Boiarsky
   - *Teaching Professional and Technical Communication: A Practicum in a
   Book* edited by Tracy Bridgeford
   - *Rhetoric, Technology, and the Virtues *by Jared Colton and Steve
   Holmes
   - *Content Strategy in Technical Communication *edited by Guiseppo
   Getto, Jack T. Labriola, and Sheryl Ruszkiewicz
   - *Key Theoretical Frameworks: Teaching Technical Communication in the
   Twenty-First Century, *edited by Angela M. Haas and Michelle F. Eble
   ***Winner of the CCCC’s 2020 Best Original Collection of Essays in
   Technical or Scientific Communication***
   - *Nostalgic Design* by William C. Kurlinkus
   - *Cruel Auteurism: Affective Digital Mediations toward Film-Composition
   (#writing) *by bonnie lenore kyburz
   - *Sojourning in Disciplinary Cultures: A Case Study of Teaching Writing
   in Engineering *edited by Maureen Mathison
   - *Translation and Localization: A Guide for Technical and Professional
   Communicators *edited by Bruce Maylath and Kirk St.Amant
   - *Digital Ethics: Rhetoric and Responsibility in Online Aggression*
   edited by Jessica Reyman and Erika M. Sparby
   - *Wicked, Incomplete, and Uncertain *by Jason Swarts

I will review emails and send out the books as soon as possible. I have
included *CDQ*'s review guidelines. If you have any questions or ideas for
books to review, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We are also interested
in doing interesting intersectional reviews. If you have creative ideas,
please reach out!
Avery Edenfield, PhD
Assistant Professor of English
Technical Communication and Rhetoric
Utah State University
Book review editor of *Communication Design Quarterly*

pronouns: he/him/his