[ATTW-L] Attend the Applied Rhetoric Collaborative's first virtual symposium!

Sharp, Matthew R. sharpm2 at erau.edu
Thu May 21 16:48:41 UTC 2020

Now is your chance to experience all that the Applied Rhetoric Collaborative has to offer without leaving home-coffee, tea, and companion species encouraged!
Due to COVID-19, the Applied Rhetoric Collaborative (ARC) will host our 2020 Symposium online. The first of several virtual events will take place on Zoom, June 6 from 1-4 p.m. EDT. Participation is free for all, so secure your spot by registering here<https://sites.google.com/view/appliedrhetoric/registration> now.
ARC is an interdisciplinary group of scholars who practice, teach, and study applied rhetoric, which we define as a rhetorically grounded method for and study of action-oriented research, teaching, and service in live situations that solves problems and achieves positive ends in communities. Since 2018, we have gathered at our annual Symposium to examine how rhetoric is enacted in our professional and non-professional spaces.
We invite you to join us this year for our first half-day virtual symposium where we'll engage in synchronous discussions of four scholars' exciting work:

  *   Stephen A Carradini, Arizona State University, "Extremely Offline: The Responses of the NBA, Blizzard, and Apple to China's Demands for Censorship."
  *   Victoria Anita Voorhees, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, "Metaphor Theory and Its Impact in the World."
  *   Namrata Bhadania, Old Dominion University, "Ethos as a Social Act: Female Genital Mutilation (FGM), Ethos, and Power in Women's Memoir Writing as Depicted in Kassingya and Bashir's Do They Hear You When You Cry?"
  *   Ellen W. Gorsevski, Bowling Green State University, "Formulaic Rhetorical Agitation: On Rhetorical Activism in Short Forms."
In addition, this event will offer scholars in attendance an opportunity to collaborate in a break-out session concerned with inventing, defining, and interrogating the limits and affordances of applied rhetoric in our post-pandemic (read: mid-pandemic) world.
For more information about the Applied Rhetoric Collaborative, check out our website: https://sites.google.com/view/appliedrhetoric/home.
For questions about the June 6 Symposium, please contact Matt Sharp (matthew.sharp at erau.edu<mailto:matthew.sharp at erau.edu>), Chair of the 2020 Virtual Symposium Committee.

--
Matthew R. Sharp, Ph.D.