[ATTW-L] Webinar Invitation (12/07): One Year of Covid-19 and Global Women's Management & Resistance

Sweta Baniya baniya.sweta at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:30:29 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone,

I would like to invite you all to a webinar featuring National and
International Feminist Scholars and Practitioner from Nepal, Nigeria, and
Puerto Rico. The event has been supported by Virginia Tech's College of
Liberal Arts and Human Sciences'  *International Initiative Grants *and the
Department of English.

The event is public, please feel free to share it widely with your students
and colleagues.

Below is more information and attached is the flyer.

Regards,
Sweta

---
One Year of Covid-19: How Women Across the World Are Coping, Managing, and
Resisting Covid-19

Date: Dec 07, 2020

Time: 9:00-10:30 AM EST, (2 PM GMT)

10 AM in Puerto Rico, 7:45 PM in Nepal, and 3 PM in Nigeria

Registration Required: https://tinyurl.com/yyee6hnd

Event Details: https://tinyurl.com/y4hv9gml  <https://tinyurl.com/y4hv9gml>

*Featured Speakers: *Dr. Ricia Anne Chansky, University of Puerto Rico at
Mayagüez, Puerto Rico, Dr. Neeti Aryal Khanal, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
and Ms. Tosin Akibu, UN-WOMEN, Nigeria

*Moderated by:* Dr. Sweta Baniya, Virginia Tech University

In this event, we are inviting speakers and scholars from various
disciplines, profession, and communities who have transnational research
expertise on feminist work in a disaster, community work experience on
disasters like pandemics. December 2020 will mark a year of Covid-19
pandemic which has challenged human civilization in a way we have never
seen before.  In this regard, the gender perspective on COVID-19 is a
matter that is often ignored specially because women are considered
vulnerable and not able to manage a disaster. In this regard, this event
will create a space for scholars and practitioners to share with the
Virginia Tech community:

a. The impacts of COVID-19 on women globally

b. Women’s Disaster Management as well as coping, managing, and resisting
strategies

c.  How feminist perspective will be helpful in managing the disaster?

This event will feature speakers from Nepal, Nigeria, and Puerto Rico. This
global discussion and interaction will be very beneficial as we all move
through and are coping with the aftereffects of Covid-19 in our own ways.
This event will create an opportunity for all of us to understand the
leadership aspects of women globally in order to cope with the virus.

Questions should be directed towards Dr. Sweta Baniya (baniya at vt.edu)

*More information here:  <http://goog_1557739121/>*
https://tinyurl.com/y4hv9gml
--
Sweta Baniya, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Assistant Professor of Rhetoric, Professional & Technical Writing