[ATTW-L] Fwd: [EXT] Announcement: The 15th International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference

Brian Hendrickson bhendrickson at rwu.edu
Wed Apr 21 18:02:26 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues:

Please see below this message from Mike Palmquist about registering for the
upcoming IWAC Conference, including the note about grants for PT/contingent
faculty and students.

Brian

*****************

I’m pleased to announce that registration is open for the 15th
International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference, which will be held
online August 2nd through August 6th. The theme of the conference is
“Celebrating Successes, Recognizing Challenges, Inviting Critique and
Innovation.” We’ve lined up an impressive array of speakers and are looking
forward to a spirited and thoughtful exchange of ideas.

I’m particularly happy to let you know that, in addition to being able to
offer low registration fees, we’re also fortunate to have received funding
from sponsors to cover up to 35 registration grants for students and for
faculty members in part-time and/or contingent positions. I hope that all
eligible members of our community will apply for one of these grants.
Here’s the information about the conference and the grants.

*Where to learn more about the conference*: https://iwac.colostate.edu
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iwac.colostate.edu__;!!DZ3fjg!p_r4Us2NzvkES3IR_tTfR4WwD6rI7dcOCol58kySSs_cGkgoHqSmpG2oobg6VNHJNnIJyQ$>

*Where to register*: https://conferencereg.colostate.edu/IWAC
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://conferencereg.colostate.edu/IWAC__;!!DZ3fjg!p_r4Us2NzvkES3IR_tTfR4WwD6rI7dcOCol58kySSs_cGkgoHqSmpG2oobg6VNHyh0TxPg$>

*Registration Fees: *When you register, please choose one of the following
registration types. If you a member of our advisory board, please contact
me for a discount code.

   - Regular: $70
   - AWAC Member: $60.00
   - Graduate Student: $50.00
   - Part-time Faculty Member or Faculty Member in a Contingent Position:
   $50.00
   - Retiree: $50.00

*Registration Grants: *A grant from Macmillan Learning | Bedford/St.
Martin's
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.macmillanlearning.com/college/us__;!!DZ3fjg!p_r4Us2NzvkES3IR_tTfR4WwD6rI7dcOCol58kySSs_cGkgoHqSmpG2oobg6VNFQZX_POQ$>,
managed by members of the IWAC Advisory Board, will allow up to 25 faculty
members who are in part-time or contingent positions to be awarded free
registration. Similarly, a grant from PowerNotes
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://powernotes.com/__;!!DZ3fjg!p_r4Us2NzvkES3IR_tTfR4WwD6rI7dcOCol58kySSs_cGkgoHqSmpG2oobg6VNGXZ6__FQ$>,
managed by the WAC Graduate Organization, will provide up to 10 graduate or
undergraduate students with free registration.

   - To apply for a grant as a *faculty member in a part-time or contingent
   position*, visit our Google Form application page
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdU74TgLyFaafW8gP4VDG72lvlxQaNH9DRi0pKS7KDvGiBk1Q/viewform__;!!DZ3fjg!p_r4Us2NzvkES3IR_tTfR4WwD6rI7dcOCol58kySSs_cGkgoHqSmpG2oobg6VNFSxEPsag$>
   .
   - To apply for a grant as a *student *, visit our Google Form
   application page
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFdYOrIUqrTZn2WspBXlrSBYwg4VcZ1kN6x2g_43f7qWV2Bw/viewform__;!!DZ3fjg!p_r4Us2NzvkES3IR_tTfR4WwD6rI7dcOCol58kySSs_cGkgoHqSmpG2oobg6VNHwkzJe4A$>
   .

Please note that, if you register and then are awarded a grant, we will
refund your registration fee.

On behalf of our conference team – which includes Caleb González, Matthew
Klingstedt, Annie Halseth, and Jesse McLain – I want to share our
excitement about the conference. We hope you’ll join us as we gather as a
community to celebrate, assess, and chart new directions for writing and
speaking across the curriculum.

Please contact me with any questions you might have about the conference.
All the best,

Mike

******************

Mike Palmquist

Director, The 15th International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference

https://iwac.colostate.edu
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://iwac.colostate.edu__;!!DZ3fjg!p_r4Us2NzvkES3IR_tTfR4WwD6rI7dcOCol58kySSs_cGkgoHqSmpG2oobg6VNHJNnIJyQ$>

Professor of English

University Distinguished Teaching Scholar

Colorado State University

Voice: (970) 556-1505

Email: Mike.Palmquist at ColoState.edu

[image: CSU-Official-wrdmrk-357-617]

“Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.”

                                                                     -
Martin Luther King, Jr.