[ATTW-L] CDQ Special Issue CPF-upcoming *soft* deadline

Jordan Frith frithjh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 13:28:19 UTC 2021

Hi all,
I'm emailing with a reminder of the upcoming deadline for abstracts for the
upcoming special issue of CDQ focused on *Infrastructures of communication,
writing, and design*. The abstracts can be 500 words (not counting
references) and the *soft* deadline is April 30. We're defining
infrastructure broadly, so we'd love to see all of your ideas. Here's the
official
CFP: http://sigdoc.acm.org/special-issue-proposal-the-infrastructures-of-communication-writing-and-design
<http://sigdoc.acm.org/special-issue-proposal-the-infrastructures-of-communication-writing-and-design>

Also, we recognize that there is so much happening right now, and we don't
want to add to anyone's stress levels. Wwe are happy to give anyone extra
time who needs it. Now seems like the exact wrong moment to be strict about
deadlines. So if you're interested in submitting but don't think you'll be
able to put together an abstract by April 30th, please reach out to either
me or Sarah Read (or both of us) and let us know. We're happy to
accommodate in any way we can and give people more time.

You can direct emails to me at  jfrith at clemson.edu and emails to Sarah Read
at read3x at psu.edu.

Thank you!

--
Jordan Frith, Ph.D.
Pearce Professor of Professional Communication

Pronouns: He/Him
Book review editor of the *Journal of Business & Technical Communication*
My Amazon author page
<https://www.amazon.com/Books-Jordan-Frith/s?i=stripbooks&rh=p_27%3AJordan+Frith>