[ATTW-L] Tenure-track position at CMU

Jim Melton meltonjim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:01:06 UTC 2021

A new tenure-track, open-rank (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor) position
in Business Communication is now available at Central Michigan University.
An advantage of this position is that you are essentially teaching
professional and technical communication in a business school setting. We
teach courses in social/ digital media, visual communication, and
intercultural communication, among others. We are a union school, so
requirements for tenure are clear and salaries are good.

Our department is an interdisciplinary environment where you can regularly
collaborate with colleagues on research. For instance, recently we
published articles in technical communication journals (e.g., TCQ, JTWC.
JBTC, and CDQ) with our colleagues in information systems, data analytics,
and cybersecurity. We are friendly to cross-disciplinary explorations (and
our chair has a Ph.D. in rhetoric and professional communication), so our
department is ideal for people who like exploring different areas of
business and technical communication.

Link: https://www.jobs.cmich.edu/postings/34135

Business Communication (Tenure-Track, Assistant/Associate/Professor)
<https://www.jobs.cmich.edu/postings/34135>

The Department of Business Information Systems at Central Michigan
University invites applicants with credentials in professional or business
communication for an open-rank, tenure-track position to begin in January
or August 2022. Responsibilities include teaching courses in
business/professional communication (undergraduate and graduate), carrying
out an active research agenda, and engaging in university and professional
service.

www.jobs.cmich.edu

If you know of anyone who would be excited about this opportunity, please
share this ad with them and via your networks. Preference will be given to
applications submitted by September 22. For inquiries, people can contact
Dr. James Melton at james.melton at cmich.edu