[ATTW-L] Fwd: Interested in being active with WPA-GO?

WPA-GO wpago1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 20:03:41 UTC 2021

Dear Members of ATTW,

The Writing Program Administrators - Graduate Organization (WPA-GO) is
excited to start a new academic year and offer a few ways for folks to
network, build community, and support graduate students in writing studies
fields across the country.

Please fill out our Fall 2021 Programming Interest Form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemoSrJ1T3J3tvXQZOBS6AXgR17eLuxxEqnF1PmRaDT1IvAcQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>
to let us know whether you’d like to…

   -

   Join one of WPA-GO’s committees,
   -

   Share your scholarship on antiracism and social justice on our YouTube
   channel,
   -

   Participate in an antiracism reading group, or
   -

   Let us know what other initiatives you’d like WPA-GO to look into
   offering!

Serving on a WPA-GO committee or taking part in our other initiatives are
great ways to meet new people in the field, learn new skills, bond over
shared interests, and grow and assist one another with professionalization
opportunities. Furthermore, serving on a WPA-GO committee is a great way to
learn more about and potentially shape the organization and its priorities.

We recognize that this is a very busy time of the year. However, getting
started with WPA-GO now will help you get oriented to our organization and
our initiatives before taking action in the semester(s) to come. That said,
we anticipate that committee work volumes will be fairly low through the
end of the semester as members get to know one another and define
priorities and projects for the future.

Interested in learning more about WPA-GO’s committees before you
decide? Descriptions
can be found on our site
<https://sites.google.com/view/wpago/home?authuser=0>!

For those interested, fill out our Fall 2021 Programming Interest Form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSemoSrJ1T3J3tvXQZOBS6AXgR17eLuxxEqnF1PmRaDT1IvAcQ/viewform?usp=sf_link>.
We will accept committee members on a rolling basis as needed, but priority
will be given to those graduate students who fill out the form by September
3rd, 2021.

If you are not already a GO member, don't worry: it's easy and free to
join! Simply fill out our membership form
<https://forms.gle/GpWCVMFS8ptvFtf88>.

If you have any questions about WPA-GO, please email wpago1 at gmail.com.

Thank you, and we look forward to working with you!

Laura Hardin Marshall, Chair
Kathleen Lyons, Vice Chair
Gabrielle Kelenyi, Past Chair

   - WPA-GO Website <http://wpacouncil.org/wpa-go>
   - Twitter <https://twitter.com/wpa_go> & Instagram
   <https://www.instagram.com/wpa_go>: @wpa_go
   - Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/wpa.go/>
   - To subscribe to the WPA-GO email list, please click here
   <https://forms.gle/VYqbYfZ7UfchVbV76>.