[ATTW-L] 2021 Conference on Engaged Learning - CFP (February 1st Deadline)

Jessie Moore jmoore28 at elon.edu
Wed Jan 13 21:31:12 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

Because we recently made the decision to shift this conference to a hybrid event - with opportunities to present and attend online - I want to ensure this community has an opportunity to consider submitting. We are particularly excited to feature ATTW Vice President Natasha N. Jones as a keynote speaker for our writing beyond the university strand.

The annual Conference on Engaged Learning<https://www.centerforengagedlearning.org/conferences/2021-conference/> (July 11-13, 2021) showcases cutting-edge research on engaged learning. Each annual conference features multi-institutional research from a specific Center for Engaged Learning research seminar<https://www.centerforengagedlearning.org/cel-seminars/>, invites research updates from past seminar participants and conference presenters, and encourages contributions from other scholars and practitioners studying engaged learning practices.

We invite scholars interested in writing beyond the university, capstone experiences, and other engaged learning topics (see the theme categories in the full call for proposals<https://www.centerforengagedlearning.org/conferences/2021-conference/call-for-proposals/>, including global learning, mentored undergraduate research, residential learning communities, and cross-cutting questions about engaged learning) to join the culminating conversations of the 2018-2020 Research Seminar on Capstone Experiences<https://www.centerforengagedlearning.org/cel-seminars/ce/> and the 2019-2021 Research Seminar on Writing Beyond the University<https://www.centerforengagedlearning.org/cel-seminars/writing-beyond-the-university-research-seminar/> at the 2021 Conference on Engaged Learning at Elon University, July 11-13, 2021. We particularly encourage proposals that attend to diversity, inclusion, and equity within or across these engaged learning practices.

We anticipate hosting the conference as a hybrid event, with options to attend in-person on Elon's campus or online. We will regularly assess whether a move to a fully online format is merited. We will post updates on this conference website.

Proposals are due by February 1, 2021, following the online submission guidelines<https://www.centerforengagedlearning.org/conferences/2021-conference/call-for-proposals/>. Please consider submitting a proposal and share the call with others on your campuses.

Thanks, and all the best,
Jessie

Jessie L. Moore, Ph.D.
Director of the Center for Engaged Learning<https://www.centerforengagedlearning.org/> (@CEL_Elon)