[ATTW-L] Inviting Applicants for ISU Postdoc in Rhetoric and Professional Communication - August 2021

Anders, Abram [ENGL] adanders at iastate.edu
Fri Jun 11 16:16:44 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

I write to share a postdoc opportunity in Rhetoric and Professional Communication at Iowa State for this fall. Please share with any recent graduates who may be interested.

I am more than willing to answer questions and provide more information about our ongoing research projects and initiatives.

Best!

Abram

--

Announcing a postdoc opportunity! Postdoc Research Associate in Rhetoric and Professional Communication
See full details: https://isu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/IowaStateJobs/job/Ames-IA/Postdoc-Research-Associate-in-Rhetoric-and-Professional-Communication_R5185

You can contact Dr. Abram Anders, Director of ISUComm Foundations Courses with any questions about the position: adanders at iastate.edu.

Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of English at Iowa State University seeks applicants for a postdoctoral scholar position in the field of rhetoric and professional communication with an emphasis on composition. This is a twelve-month appointment, renewable for up to one additional year. The annual stipend is $53,000, plus health benefits, funds for relocation expenses, and a research fund. The position has a negotiable start date of August 1, 2021. The successful applicant will teach three courses per academic year.

This postdoctoral scholar will support research-based innovation in ISUComm Foundation Courses, our writing program delivering first and second-year multimodal communication courses for all Iowa State undergraduates. This role will include opportunities to contribute to these areas:

  *   Collaborate on established research projects involving experimental learning design and longitudinal assessment for multimodal composition skills
  *   Support program-level diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives to improve faculty development efforts and student learning experiences
  *   Support training and mentoring of graduate research assistants and teaching assistants in the ISUComm Foundation Courses program
  *   Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in rhetoric and professional communication

The successful applicant will also maintain an active research agenda and contribute to undergraduate and graduate degree programs in rhetoric and professional communication (see https://engl.iastate.edu/graduate-students/rhetoric-and-professional-communication/rpc/).

Required Minimum Qualifications:

Applications should have a Ph.D. in a relevant field (e.g., rhetoric, composition, professional communication, or similar) by August 1, 2021.

Preferred Qualifications:

We are especially interested in candidates with expertise and interests in any of the following areas:

  *   Communication and writing assessment
  *   Diversity, equity, and inclusion
  *   Instructional design, human-centered design, learning experience design
  *   Multimodal composition and writing program administration

Applicants from historically excluded groups in the United States and scholars from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.

--
Abram Anders
He/him/his
adanders at iastate.edu