[ATTW-L] CDQ Issue 9.1 is now available online

Luke Thominet lthomine at fiu.edu
Fri Mar 19 15:47:10 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

Communication Design Quarterly, Issue 9.1<http://sigdoc.acm.org/blog/2021/03/19/cdq-issue-9-1-is-now-live/> (sigdoc.acm.org/blog/2021/03/19/cdq-issue-9-1-is-now-live/) is now available on the SIGDOC website!

This issue features two articles previously published through our online first model:

  *   Deep Mapping for Environmental Communication Design by Shannon Butts and Madison Jones
  *   Decolonizing Decoloniality: Considering the (Mis)use of Decolonial Frameworks in TPC Scholarship by Cana Uluak Itchuaqiyaq and Breeanne Matheson

The issue also includes four new book reviews:

  *   Mai Ibrahim's review of Nihilism and Technology (Gertz, 2018)
  *   Temple West's review of Rhetoric of Health and Medicine As/Is: Theories and Approaches for the Field (Melonçon, Graham, Johnson, Lynch, & Ryan, 2020)
  *   Elisa Cogbill-Seiders's review of The Science of Communicating Science (Cormick, 2019)
  *   Elizabeth E. Weems's review of Rhetorical Work in Emergency Medical Services: Communicating in the Unpredictable Workplace (Angeli, 2019)

We hope you enjoy the new issue! If you have something that would be a good fit for Communication Design Quarterly, please review our article guidelines<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sigdoc.acm.org_publication_communication-2Ddesign-2Dquarterly-2Dreview_&d=DwMFAg&c=lhMMI368wojMYNABHh1gQQ&r=VsUPWHryQCCD8MGNpyS4bQ&m=dGdSjQmm24DEF7Hy8J_eSnPnckFSr2aXNOS01u045aY&s=knB4SN9dvtuWSlh3-Wn9g-7_P7l6RdHZA_0kTuYIVuE&e=> (sigdoc.acm.org/publication/communication-design-quarterly-review/). And feel free to send article inquiries or submissions to Derek G. Ross at derek.ross at auburn.edu<mailto:derek.ross at auburn.edu>.

Best,
Luke Thominet, PhD
SIGDOC Communications Manager
luke.thominet at fiu.edu<mailto:luke.thominet at fiu.edu>