[ATTW-L] encourage your students (including first-years) to submit to Young Scholars in Writing

Emily Murphy Cope ecope1 at ycp.edu
Thu Mar 25 18:40:13 UTC 2021

Hello,
We're writing to ask you to encourage your undergraduate students to submit
their rhetoric and writing studies research for publication in
*Young Scholars in Writing* (here's a link to the CFP
<https://youngscholarsinwriting.org/index.php/ysiw/announcement/view/4>). *Our
submission deadline for volume 19 is April 16, 2021. *

Given the constraints students are facing this spring, initial peer review
will focus on the relevance of the submission to *YSW* and the quality of
the research questions, methods, and data--in other words, we're looking
for strong "guts" more than polished prose. *YSW* is proud to be a
mentoring journal, so authors will continue to revise and polish their
submissions with the mentorship of one of our Faculty Advisory Editors over
the summer.

For this volume, we are accepting the following types of submissions.

   - *Articles* (original research; 10-25 pages double spaced)
   - *Comments & Responses* (response to previous YSW article which
   presents a clear argument and draws on additional sources; 2-5 pages double
   spaced)
   - *Methodological Reflections* (detailed narrative and reflection about
   experience using empirical method that is in conversation with the
   literature on methods; 3-8 pages double spaced)
   - *Spotlight on First-Year Writing* (research by students in first-year
   college writing courses; 5-25 pages double spaced)

Our recent blog post provides more details and links to examples of each
type of piece we publish and the journal's scope.
<https://youngscholarsinwriting.org/index.php/ysiw/announcement/view/16>

We're also happy to "Zoom into" your classes to talk with students about
the publication process; please email youngscholars.editor at gmail.com to set
up a time for you and your students to meet with the YSW editors.

Please pass this information along to your colleagues and students and be in
 touch!

Emily, on behalf of the *YSW* co-editors

Emily Murphy Cope
Gabriel Cutrufello
Kimberly Fahle Peck

--
This information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
it is addressed.