[ATTW-L] M.S. Thesis Research Survey- Rural AirBnBs

Davis, Carleigh daviscarl at mst.edu
Tue Mar 30 22:55:56 UTC 2021

Hello all,

If you have ever stayed in an AirBnB in a rural location, or would be interested in doing so, please consider filling out the following survey to help one of our Technical Communication M.S. students with her thesis research.

Thanks!

Carleigh

Carleigh Davis, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Technical Communication
GTA Supervisor<mailto:GTA%20Supervisor> | Omega Sigma Faculty Advisor<tel:Omega%20Sigma%20Faculty%20Advisor>

209 Humanities-Social Sciences

Personal pronoun(s): she/her
<http://www.mst.edu/>

[cid:6F8E0961-1885-452B-A366-4F2C4190B45E]

Full cover email is as follows:

Hello,

My name is Mary Russell and I’m pursuing my master’s in technical communication at Missouri S&T.

I am conducting research studying Airbnb listings to understand booking decisions regarding rural Airbnbs. This research will be used for a master’s thesis in technical communication, and the I hope to publish these results.

This study will seek to understand both the rhetorical choices made by hosts when constructing their property listing, and also the response of guests to the rhetoric on Airbnb listings, providing a comprehensive understanding of the rhetoric on the Airbnb platform.

If you are 18 years of age or older and have ever stayed in a rural Airbnb or want to stay in one sometime soon, you are eligible to complete this 17-question survey. It should take 10-15 minutes to complete. Potential benefits include improvement of the user experience on the Airbnb platform, because the results of this study will be available to both users and hosts.  The Survey link can be found here:https://forms.gle/nCt3buQgwizNFVPu9<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2FnCt3buQgwizNFVPu9%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3Q42eI3phZXRPR0J15areWG4s9ghwIPck9388W-Sj2H8ap_a0_aqSBAc8&data=04%7C01%7C%7Cc62d813c862d4a0482e808d8dda30a64%7Ce3fefdbef7e9401ba51a355e01b05a89%7C0%7C0%7C637503039603514640%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=0uZLie2NlADuwZ6%2FwB1TfBSagWSeVt756t8IMZtI4Bk%3D&reserved=0>

If you have questions or concerns about this study, please contact me (Mary Russell, mcrnr4 at mst.edu<mailto:mcrnr4 at mst.edu>) or my advisor (Dr. Carleigh Davis,daviscarl at mst.edu<mailto:daviscarl at mst.edu>). You also may contact the University of Missouri Institutional Review Board (IRB) if you have any questions about your rights as a study participant, want to report any problems or complaints, or feel under any pressure to take part or stay in this study. The IRB is a group of people who review research studies to make sure the rights of participants are protected. You can reach them at 573- 882-3181 or muresearchirb at missouri.edu<mailto:muresearchirb at missouri.edu>. If you want to talk privately about your rights or any issues related to your participation in this study, you can contact University of Missouri Research Participant Advocacy by calling 888-280-5002 (a free call), or emailing MUResearchRPA at missouri.edu<mailto:MUResearchRPA at missouri.edu>.

Sincerely,
Mary Russell
Graduate Teaching Assistant
English and Technical Communication Department