[ATTW-L] Fwd: [EXT] Please Join us at the 15th IWAC Conference

Brian Hendrickson bhendrickson at rwu.edu
Tue May 11 15:23:18 UTC 2021

Dear all, please see below a second announcement from Conference Chair Mike
Palmquist about registering for IWAC 2022. I for one am sad we won't be
meeting in person but excited by what will surely be a more inclusive and
internationally representative conference. Please also take specific note
of the grant opportunities for grad students and PT/contengent faculty.

Brian

Hi Folks,

I’m writing to share the news that registration is open for the 15th
International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference. The conference will
be held online August 2nd through August 6th. The theme of the conference
is “Celebrating Successes, Recognizing Challenges, Inviting Critique and
Innovation.” We’ve lined up an impressive array of speakers and are looking
forward to a spirited and thoughtful exchange of ideas.

I’m particularly happy to let you know that, in addition to being able to
offer low registration fees, we’re also fortunate to have received funding
from sponsors to cover up to 35 registration grants for students and for
faculty members in part-time and/or contingent positions. We’ve already
received a number of applications for these grants, but we are still
accepted applications from faculty members in part-time and contingent
positions.

*Where to learn more about the conference*: https://iwac.colostate.edu

*Where to register*: https://conferencereg.colostate.edu/IWAC

*Registration Fees: *When you register, please choose one of the following
registration types. If you a member of our advisory board, please contact
me for a discount code.

   - Regular: $70
   - AWAC Member: $60.00
   - Graduate Student: $50.00
   - Part-time Faculty Member or Faculty Member in a Contingent Position:
   $50.00
   - Retiree: $50.00

*Registration Grants: *A grant from Macmillan Learning | Bedford/St.
Martin's <https://www.macmillanlearning.com/college/us>, managed by members
of the IWAC Advisory Board, will allow up to 25 faculty members who are in
part-time or contingent positions to be awarded free registration.
Similarly, a grant from PowerNotes <https://powernotes.com/>, managed by
the WAC Graduate Organization, is providing 10 graduate or undergraduate
students with free registration.

   - To apply for a grant as a *faculty member in a part-time or contingent
   position*, visit our Google Form application page
   <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdU74TgLyFaafW8gP4VDG72lvlxQaNH9DRi0pKS7KDvGiBk1Q/viewform>
   .
   - The application committee for *student grants* is no longer accepting
   applications. Thanks to all of you who applied for one of these grants.
   Notifications will be made in the coming weeks.

Please note that, if you register and then are awarded a grant, we will
refund your registration fee.

On behalf of our conference team – which includes Caleb González, Matthew
Norwood-Klingstedt, Annie Halseth, and Jesse McLain – I want to share our
excitement about the conference. We hope you’ll join us as we gather as a
community to celebrate, assess, and chart new directions for writing and
speaking across the curriculum.

Please contact me with any questions you might have about the conference.
All the best,

Mike

******************

Mike Palmquist

Director, The 15th International Writing Across the Curriculum Conference

https://iwac.colostate.edu

Professor of English

University Distinguished Teaching Scholar

Colorado State University

Voice: (970) 556-1505

Email: Mike.Palmquist at ColoState.edu

[image: CSU-Official-wrdmrk-357-617]

“Intelligence plus character—that is the goal of true education.”

                                                                     -
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mike

Mike Palmquist