[ATTW-L] Seeking Nominations for ATTW Vice-President & At-Large Members: Due May 21, 2021

Jones, Natasha jonesn30 at msu.edu
Thu May 13 23:53:26 UTC 2021

Dear ATTW members,

Every three years the ATTW membership elects a new vice president (who goes on to serve as president) and three members-at-large. As current ATTW Vice President, I am writing to solicit nominations for these positions (duties briefly outlined below). If you or another ATTW member you know would be a good candidate for any of these positions, please email your nomination(s) by May 21, 2021 to me at jonesn30 at msu.edu.

The nominating committee will finalize a slate of candidates by the end of May, and the election will transpire in early June.

I appreciate your interest in and suggestions for future ATTW leadership!

Natasha

Duties of the ATTW Elected Positions (per the ATTW Constitution<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://attw.org/about-attw/attw-constitution/__;!!HXCxUKc!gBZQA0cr_r_uSJT4g2AunwQ4-RO55qrzoFUxsLB5qp0x-iMfLTQUffOGHYChypBU$>):

The Members-at-Large shall

1.          Perform all duties and functions requested by the President or the Executive Committee through the President; and

2.          Serve on the Executive Committee.

The Vice President shall

1.     Perform all duties and functions requested by the President;
2.     Perform all duties and functions of the President when the President is incapacitated;
3.     Chair the Nominating Committee; and shall
4.     Serve on the Executive Committee.

Because the VP goes on to serve as President, I have included those duties as well.

The President shall

1.                   Serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the organization;

2.                   Chair the Executive Committee;

3.                   Preside at all meetings scheduled for the conduct of the organization’s business/affairs;

4.                   Represent the organization at all official functions;

5.                   Present all matters of organizational operations and business to the Executive Committee for its information and/or approval;

6.                   Submit all proposals for the expenditure of organizational funds in amounts exceeding $250.00 to the Executive Committee for approval;

7.                   Appoint individuals and committees as needed to conduct the business/affairs of the organization in an efficient and timely manner; and shall

8.                   Act as a liaison along with the Treasurer between the organization and the company (or companies) that produces the journal and the book series, and that collects the membership dues.

​

_______________________________

Natasha N. Jones, PhD

Associate Professor in Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures

Michigan State University

Vice President, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW)

Pronouns: she/her/hers (more information about why pronouns matter<https://lgbt.ucsf.edu/pronounsmatter>)

Mailing Address:

College of Arts and Letters

Michigan State University

434 Farm Lane. Bessey Hall #289

East Lansing, MI 48824

Availability Note: As an academic, I recognize that sometimes it's hard to prevent work from encroaching into other areas of our lives. However, in an effort to protect my personal space, physical wellness, and intellectual energy, I am not always immediately able or available to respond to emails. My response, at times, will be delayed. As a rule, I am typically away from my email after 9pm Monday through Friday and on weekends. Please note that emails sent outside of these times may not immediately be addressed.

Michigan State University occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary Lands of the Anishinaabeg-Three Fires Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi peoples. The university resides on Land ceded in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw.