[ATTW-L] Updates on ATTW 2021 Virtual Conference (June 6-9, 2021)

Haas, Angela ahaas at ilstu.edu
Fri May 14 21:07:12 UTC 2021

Dear ATTW community,

The ATTW 2021 conference program (“Language, Access, and Power in Technical Communication”) will be forthcoming soon, but I wanted to provide you with an overview of the amazing program our Conference Co-Chairs, Drs. Laura Gonzales and Ann Shivers-McNair, have been working on so that you can save some dates and times on your schedules.

The conference will begin on Sunday, June 6, at 1 p.m. PST/ 2 p.m. MST/ 3 p.m. CST/ 4 p.m. EST with opening remarks from ATTW President and Conference Team, along with an opening keynote by Dr. Josephine Walwema (University of Washington). Day 2, Monday, June 7, with kick off with an anti-racist writing group hosted by Digital Black Lit and Composition (DBLAC), starting at 8 a.m. PST/ 9 a.m. MST/ 10 a.m. CST/ 11 a.m. EST. The day will then continue with three concurrent sessions and networking opportunities. Day 3, Tuesday, June 8, will consist of a full day of concurrent sessions and a keynote address by Maria Barker (Planned Parenthood, Milwaukee, WI) & Dr. Rachel Bloom-Pojar (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee). The conference will conclude on Day 4, Wednesday, June 9, with asynchronous poster sessions throughout the day and the awards reception at 4 p.m. PST/ 5 p.m. MST/ 6 p.m. CST/ 7 p.m. EST.

If you have not done so already, I ask academics who are attending the conference to become a member of ATTW/renew your membership and register for the conference via the membership portal on our ATTW website<https://attw.org/> as soon as possible. As a reminder, recognizing the hardship the pandemic has caused many of you, membership dues remain modest, and all students and community partners can participate in our 2021 conference for free. The conference remains free for exhibitors and publishers to attend. Although this year’s faculty conference registration rates remain the same as last year, professors in need of support can select a waived registration for this year’s conference. Further, for those in the position to support free registration for other members in need, options to donate are provided. I ask that no matter the conference rate, though, that everyone who plans to participate in the 2021 conference to please register.

Thanks! And I hope that you can make it to this year’s conference—our first virtual conference!

Angela

--
Angela M. Haas, PhD | she/her/hers
Professor, Department of English, Illinois State University