[ATTW-L] Call for 2022 ATTW Virtual Conference Chair(s)

Jones, Natasha jonesn30 at msu.edu
Fri Nov 12 17:42:01 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues and Community:

The ATTW Executive Committee is seeking volunteers to chair the 2022 ATTW Virtual Conference. We are imagining this conference as a set of community-building workshops, events, and activities to take place in the Summer of 2022. The conference chair(s) will work with the ATTW Executive Committee to design a plan for the conference, invite speakers and solicit proposals, and ensure that the conference enacts ATTW’s commitments to accessibility and justice.

If you are interested in chairing or co-chairing the 2022 ATTW Virtual Conference, please email Dr. Natasha N. Jones (jonesn30 at msu.edu<mailto:jonesn30 at msu.edu>) and Dr. Laura Gonzales (gonzalesl at ufl.edu<mailto:gonzalesl at ufl.edu>) with a brief statement describing your commitment to serve as chair or co-chair by Friday, December 3rd.  Group proposals are encouraged. This is a collaborative process and we will meet with selected conference chairs to discuss how the ATTW Executive Committee can best support your conference planning needs.

ATTW is a volunteer-run organization, so there is no compensation for this position. The 2022 ATTW Conference chairs will serve on the Executive Committee during their conference cycle and will receive direct assistance from members of the Executive Committee in all aspects of developing and implementing the virtual conference.

Best,

Natasha N. Jones
ATTW President

​

_______________________________

Natasha N. Jones, PhD

Associate Professor in Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures

Michigan State University

President, Association of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW)

Pronouns: she/her/hers (more information about why pronouns matter<https://lgbt.ucsf.edu/pronounsmatter>)

Mailing Address:

College of Arts and Letters

Michigan State University

434 Farm Lane. Bessey Hall #289

East Lansing, MI 48824

Availability Note: As an academic, I recognize that sometimes it's hard to prevent work from encroaching into other areas of our lives. However, in an effort to protect my personal space, physical wellness, and intellectual energy, I am not always immediately able or available to respond to emails. My response, at times, will be delayed. As a rule, I am typically away from my email after 9pm Monday through Friday and on weekends. Please note that emails sent outside of these times may not immediately be addressed.

Michigan State University occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary Lands of the Anishinaabeg-Three Fires Confederacy of Ojibwe, Odawa, and Potawatomi peoples. The university resides on Land ceded in the 1819 Treaty of Saginaw.