[ATTW-L] Invitation to CPTSC Grad Student Committee Listening Session

Danielle M. Stambler stambler at umn.edu
Fri Oct 22 14:41:56 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

Next Saturday, October 30th, during the annual CPTSC conference
<https://conference.cptsc.org/index.php/2021/10/15/2021-cptsc-conference-program/>,
the Graduate Student Committee
<https://cptsc.org/committees/cptsc-graduate-student-committee-cptsc-gsc/>
is hosting a listening session on "Identity, Agency, and Precarity in TPC
Graduate Student Experiences" from 10:30-11:30am PST / 11:30am-12:30pm MST
/ 12:30-1:30pm CST / 1:30-2:30pm EST.

In this listening session, GSC members will explore graduate student
precarity, which helps us consider issues of labor, citizenship, risk, and
oppression, drawing attention to the conditions that shape our existence.
We seek to open a conversation on the precarities of graduate students.
Fellow graduate students, faculty, and program administrators are invited
to join us in this conversation, and to learn how they can act as allies in
our ongoing work.

You do not have to be registered for the conference to attend this session.

We especially welcome any graduate students interested in learning more
about the GSC to attend! In addition to this listening session, we are
recruiting new committee members for the upcoming year and will soon be
holding elections for co-chair of the GSC (term runs from October to
October, and ideally is two years). I'm happy to answer any questions about
GSC membership or the co-chair role (I am the outgoing co-chair).

--

*Danielle Mollie Stambler*
Ph.D. Candidate and Graduate Instructor