[ATTW-L] Association for Business Communication Graduate Studies Sponsored Panel CFP

Stephen Carradini sacarrad at asu.edu
Tue Mar 29 23:21:46 UTC 2022

Hello all,

I'm happy to report a CFP for graduate students in (broadly conceived)
business and professional communication. I am happy to field any questions
off-list as well.

--

The Graduate Studies Committee of the Association for Business
Communication (ABC) invites graduate students to submit proposals for the

ABC is dedicated to graduate student development and provides numerous
benefits to graduate student members. *These benefits include waivers of
the base conference registration fees for graduate student members who are
both presenting at the conference and who register during the early-bird
period* (before August 31.)  Workshops and excursions are optional extras.
Membership is encouraged, but not required for the Marty Baker Graham
Research Grant to help graduate students complete a dissertation, an annual
Outstanding Dissertation award, and connections for the job search process.

*The panel theme is “Emerging Trends in Business and Professional
Communication.”* Graduate students are often engaged in boundary-pushing
and field-expanding work. This panel hopes to highlight those contributions
of graduate students to business and professional communication
scholarship. Within the context of business and professional communication,
possible topics could relate to the following:

* innovative pedagogy
* digital communication
* social media
* visual communication
* interpersonal communication
* team communication
* crisis communication
* globalization
* ethics
* other topics of related interest

*We are especially interested in proposals that focus on digital issues.* These
topics can be approached via a wide variety of theoretical lenses and
methodological approaches.

*To submit a proposal, submit a 500-word abstract to this form by April 8,
2022.*
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6Vs6-EQ0N15oAza97mCZtP4j3e5fS73Abw9LH5suqZ3hHWw/viewform?usp=sf_link__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!I_Sa3OLm0XJaGLGb9bJ18v99NhQ1cLoqkgoLGnfQe3_mZC8qU7UfDfro7vpSLJgDmjHI-w$>
Beyond
your title and abstract, the form will ask for your name, institutional
affiliation, email address, and a description of your presentation in 60
words or fewer that will be included in the program if your proposal is
selected. You will receive a decision about your abstract by April 22.

For more information about ABC and the Annual International Conference,
visit the following sites:

Association for Business Communication:
https://www.businesscommunication.org
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.businesscommunication.org/?source=5__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!I_Sa3OLm0XJaGLGb9bJ18v99NhQ1cLoqkgoLGnfQe3_mZC8qU7UfDfro7vpSLJi68NF5Uw$>
ABC 2022 International Conference:
https://www.businesscommunication.org/page/2022-87th-annual-international-conference
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.businesscommunication.org/page/2022-87th-annual-international-conference?source=5__;!!IKRxdwAv5BmarQ!I_Sa3OLm0XJaGLGb9bJ18v99NhQ1cLoqkgoLGnfQe3_mZC8qU7UfDfro7vpSLJhnsBqSZw$>

Key dates

Submission of graduate student panel abstract: April 8, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Pacific Daylight Time
Notification of panel acceptance: April 22, 2022
Conference dates: October 3-8, 2022

*Dr. Stephen Carradini (he, him, his)*
Assistant Professor
Technical Communication program
College of Integrative Sciences and Arts
*Arizona State University*

7271 E. Sonoran Arroyo Mall, 251F
Mesa, AZ 85212-2780
Mail Code: 2780