[ATTW-L] #Job: Purdue Visiting Clinical Instructor Positions

Johnson, Richard D rjohnso at purdue.edu
Wed May 25 17:41:23 UTC 2022

We’ve been dealing with a surge of enrollments here at Purdue, and the English Department is looking for Visiting Clinical Instructors who are willing to teach in-person writing courses for the Introductory Composition program. Here is the link that describes the position and allows you to apply: https://careers.purdue.edu/job-invite/19874/

These positions are full-time with benefits, usually 3 sections per semester with 20 students in each section. Purdue students are motivated and usually solid writers (with a few exceptions, of course).

West Lafayette is a pleasant and safe place to live. The cost of living here is affordable, the people are friendly, and we have all the amenities of a Big 10 campus (music, theater, gyms, sports). Indianapolis is a one-hour drive south and Chicago is a two-hour drive north. Purdue is a cosmopolitan university that attracts students and faculty from all over the world.

I have attached the advertisement that you can respond to or forward to others (please do). If you have questions, you can contact me, Richard Johnson-Sheehan, Director of ICaP, at rjohnso at purdue.edu<mailto:rjohnso at purdue.edu>.

I’ll answer one often-asked question: We are not searching for online instructors right now. We do offer online courses, but we already have instructors for those positions.

Thank you for considering this opportunity or forwarding this e-mail to someone else.

P.S. My apologies for any double-postings you may receive.

Professor Richard Johnson-Sheehan
Department of English
Purdue University
500 Oval Dr.