[ATTW-L] Special Issue of Reflections based on ATTW 2021 has been published!

Gonzales,Laura gonzalesl at ufl.edu
Mon Nov 7 23:24:10 UTC 2022

Dear ATTW Community,

I'm very happy to share that the special issue of Reflections: A Journal of Community-Engaged Writing and Rhetoric stemming from the 2021 ATTW Virtual Conference has been published and is available here: https://reflectionsjournal.net

The 2021 Virtual Conference was ATTW's first virtual conference, for which we had record attendance that was then increased further at the 2022 Virtual Conference chaired by Drs. Sano-Franchini, Sackey, and Moore. As our community continues planning for the future while thinking about inclusivity and impact *first*, I'm glad we can reflect on the amazing work our members were able to produce in 2021, even under difficult circumstances. Thanks to Dr. Khirsten Scott's vision, presenters at the 2021 Virtual Conference were invited to meet and discuss how their work could expand beyond a single conference, write together, reflect, and build community. Very happy to share the result of this labor with our community.

Special thanks to all the contributors, to our amazing designer, Dr. Heather Noel Turner, for her work to make our issue accessible (and beautiful!), associate editor Dr. Heather Lang, assistant editor Alexander Slotkin, copyeditor Victoria Scholz, and to the ATTW Executive Committee for their support.

Laura

Introduction to the Special Issue: Language, Access, and Power in Technical Communication | Khirsten L. Scott, Ann Shivers-McNair, and Laura Gonzales<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/introduction-to-the-special-issue-language-access-and-power-in-technical-communication/>

ATTW 2021 President’s Welcome | Angela M. Haas<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/attw-2020-presidents-welcome/>

Rethinking Access to Data and Tools for Community Partners in Research | Maria Barker and Rachel Bloom-Pojar<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/rethinking-access-to-data-and-tools-for-community-partners-in-research/>

A Counter-Narrative of Academic Job-Seeking International Scholars: Keynote Address to ATTW, June 2021 | Josephine Walwema<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/a-counter-narrative-of-academic-job-seeking-international-scholars-keynote-address-to-attw-june-2021/>

What’s in a Tweet? A Graduate Student Rumination of the 2021 ATTW Virtual Conference: Reflections on the Conference/Conference Sessions | Morgan C. Banville<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/whats-in-a-tweet-a-graduate-student-rumination-of-the-2021-attw-virtual-conference-reflections-on-the-conference-conference-sessions/>

Languages, Infrastructures, and Ecologies: Toward Rematerializing Activisms | Soyeon Lee<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/languages-infrastructures-and-ecologies-toward-rematerializing-activisms/>

Encouraging Student Advocacy in Social Justice Classrooms | Xiaobo Wang, Chalice Randazzo, Tharon Howard<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/encouraging-student-advocacy/>

Scalar Transactions and Ethical Actions in TPC | Kerry Banazek, Rabiatu Mohammed, Kellie Sharp-Hoskins, Kavita Surya, and Akram Zouaoui<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/scalar-transactions-and-ethical-actions-in-tpc/>

Building an Infrastructural Praxis: Understanding Twitter’s Embeddedness in the U.S.-Mexico Border | Chris A. Lindgren & Maggie Fernandes<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/building-an-infrastructural-praxis-understanding-twitters-embeddedness-in-the-u-s-mexico-border/>

“We Were Cut Off From the Rest of the World . . . and From Each Other”: Advocating for the “Whos” After Hurricane María | Dina Lopez<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/we-were-cut-off-from-the-rest-of-the-world-and-from-each-other-advocating-for-the-whos-after-hurricane-maria/>

Writing Infrastructures: GitHub in the Technical and Professional Communications Classroom | Stephen J. Quigley, Esther Lui, Samantha Whelpley, and Joseph Flot<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/writing-infrastructures-github-in-the-technical-and-professional-communications-classroom/>

Wikis as “Third Space”—Diversifying “Access” for Technical Communication  | Anis Rahman <https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/wikis-as-third-space-diversifying-access-for-technical-communication/>

Extracted and Conflated Research Foci in the Global Displacement of Small-Scale Fishers: A Comparative Analysis of Context Rhetoric in UN Marine Biodiversity Policy Development | David Robledo<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/extracted-and-conflated-research-foci-in-the-global-displacement-of-small-scale-fishers-a-comparative-analysis-of-context-rhetoric-in-un-marine-biodiversity-policy-development/>

>From Awareness to Advocacy: Using Intimate Partner Violence Awareness Campaigns to Teach User Advocacy and Empathy in a Trauma-Informed Technical Communication Course | Lindsay Steiner, Bryan Kopp, & Kate Parker<https://reflectionsjournal.net/2022/08/from-awareness-to-advocacy-using-intimate-partner-violence-awareness-campaigns-to-teach-user-advocacy-and-empathy-in-a-trauma-informed-technical-communication-course/>

Laura Gonzales, PhD
Assistant Professor of Digital Writing and Cultural Rhetorics
Associate Director, TRACE Innovation Initiative<https://trace.english.ufl.edu>
Department of English
University of Florida

Editor, Reflections: A Journal of Community-Engaged Writing and Rhetoric<https://reflectionsjournal.net>