[ATTW-L] Apply by Dec 9th - Seeking a UX Visiting Researcher on sabbatical in 2023

joy robinson njoying at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 17:54:38 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for a colleague to work with my team as a Visiting Researcher
at Google. The position requires someone who has served as a TechComm
director or managed a UX lab and is adept in analyzing longitudinal
qualitative user research. The ideal candidate will have a sabbatical in
2023. This researcher would need to dedicate at least 6 months (May-Dec
required) to this position. The position is full time, remote with salary.
Please see the information below, and let me know if you have any questions.

Visiting Researcher

The Visiting Researcher will provide direct support to Google as a UX
researcher.  Specifically this individual will be engaged in analyzing user
data from a 6-month longitudinal research project. The researcher will be
expected to effectively analyze user data to provide actionable insights to
the product teams involved, create slide deck(s) encapsulating and
communicating appropriate findings, and host talks/workshops to share out
data insights and findings to product and UX teams.

This position begins in the spring semester of 2023 and ends Dec 2023.
Candidates are expected to work full time beginning in May. The candidate
should not have any other teaching or research responsibilities during this
timeframe. The person in this position will actively promote diversity,
belonging and equity in all of their interactions with others.

Salary: Commiserate with expertise

Benefits:

This position is eligible for Google benefits including
health/dental/vision insurance, retirement, and campus amenities.

Full-Time/Part-Time: Fixed term employee

Position Duration: 6-12 months 2023

Qualifications

   -

   PHD in English/UX or related field required
   -

   TechComm director or manager of a UX lab
   -

   Qualitative UX researcher with expertise in longitudinal study analysis
   -

   Expertise in the intersection of hardware and software UX
   -

   An active accomplished researcher with evidence of collaboration in your
   scholarship

Application Instructions
Send your CV (with your google scholar link) and a letter of interest to
Dr. Joy Robinson (joyrobinson at google.com) by Dec 9th.

Regards,

Dr. Joy Robinson

joyrobinson at google.com