[ATTW-L] #CFP Rhet Tech Undergraduate Journal–Deadline Extended

JMU RhetTech jmurhettech at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:04:05 UTC 2022

Dear Tech Comm and Professional Writing Instructors,

As we continue to work on our 5th volume and your students finish up
projects, we wanted to ask if you could share our CFP once more. We have
space left, and plan to review manuscripts through late January of 2023. As
we noted previously, the RhetTech Editorial Board, we would like to invite
your undergraduate students to submit their work to RhetTech, James Madison
University’s undergraduate journal for students in the disciplines of
writing, rhetoric, and/or technical communication. We publish all kinds of
content in all types of media, including text-based essays, videos,
podcasts, photo essays, reviews, websites, blogs, and more. Undergraduate
students of all levels are eligible and encouraged to submit their work.
You can learn more about RhetTech and view the most recent volume here:
http://www.jmu.edu/wrtc/students/undergraduate/rhet-tech.shtml.

As we approach our 5th year, we are planning a special issue on the broad
theme of “Growth, Reflection, and Change.”

RhetTech is a great opportunity for students to publish their work in a
peer-reviewed journal, and we ask that you share this opportunity with your
students. If they do, they will get a detailed response from us. Posted
below is a small blurb that could be used in your message to your students.
Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,

 RhetTech Editors

Are you interested in sharing your perspective on a topic you’re passionate
about? Are you looking to gain notability by publishing your work? Then
consider submitting your writing to James Madison University's
undergraduate journal RhetTech! The journal aims to highlight the work of
undergraduate students in the disciplines of writing, rhetoric, and/or
technical communication. Regardless of where you are in your undergraduate
career, RhetTech is a great opportunity to have your work published in a
peer-reviewed journal.

We accept a variety of content in a range of formats, including videos,
podcasts, photo essays, reviews, websites, blogs, text-based essays, and
more. Submissions are primarily accepted during the fall semester of each
academic year, and each new issue is published near the end of the spring
term. For full consideration for the 5th volume, please submit by Monday,
January 23rd. That said, later submissions will be considered as we are
able to read and respond to them.

For this year’s volume, we are planning a special issue on the broad theme
of “Growth, Reflection, and Change.” Of course, there are a wide variety of
topics that fit with our theme, and we encourage you to interpret it
broadly.

That said, here are some topics we’d be especially interested in
considering:

   -

   Reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic:
   -

      How it has affected your late teens/early 20s
      -

      Your perspectives on the pandemic
      -

   What you’ve learned from and how you’ve grown in response to encounters
   with:
   -

      Ancestry
      -

      Heritage
      -

      Family
      -

      Identity
      -

      Culture
      -

   Reflection on Feminist Rhetorics topics, including but not limited to:
   -

      Defining femininity/masculinity
      -

      Challenging the gender binary
      -

      Queer and trans rights
      -

   Your perspective on political/social change:
   -

      Throughout your life
      -

      Throughout college
      -

   Growing up with the internet:
   -

      Internet radicalization
      -

      Communication and connection
      -

      Social media

These are meant as examples of topics only and, again, we want writers to
interpret our theme of “Growth, Reflection, and Change” broadly.

Why submit?

   -

   Chance to be published in a peer-reviewed journal
   -

   Opportunity to start a dialogue with other students of rhetoric,
   writing, and/or technical communication
   -

   Exposure to a national audience
   -

   Feedback from a dedicated team of editors
   -

   Experience writing for a professional peer-reviewed journal

To learn more about RhetTech and/or submit your work, visit:
http://www.jmu.edu/wrtc/students/undergraduate/rhet-tech.shtml

*RhetTech Editorial Staff*
Email: jmuthettech at gmail.com
Website: LINK