[ATTW-L] Call for special issue proposals to Communication Design Quarterly (CDQ)

Jordan Frith frithjh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:29:25 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I’m emailing to announce that *CDQ *is currently accepting proposals for a
2024 special issue. We have two great special issues on infrastructure and
design coming out this year, and next year we will have a special issue
titled *Making Coalitional Practice Visible in Community-Engaged
Communication Design and Research *(edited by Kristen Moore, Timothy
Amidon, and Michele Simmons).

We are currently accepting proposals for a special issue that will come out
in either our spring or fall 2024 issue, and we are open to a variety of
topics. I am happy to help with your proposal and answer any questions you
have, so please don’t hesitate to reach out.

While we are open to submission year-round, we’re setting a deadline of
February 1 for proposals for our 2024 special issue. Consequently, if
you’re interested in proposing something just send me an email and I’ll get
back to you with info on fit and what we’ll need for a proposal (I promise
it’s not an onerous process).

And on a final note, I’ll be at SIGDOC this week, so if you want to chat
about an idea, just email me and we’ll meet up and talk it through.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you all!

--

Jordan Frith, Ph.D.

Pearce Professor of Professional Communication

Clemson University

Pronouns: He/Him

Book review editor of the *Journal of Business & Technical Communication*

Editor-in-Chief, *Communication Design Quarterly*

Editor, *The X-Series <https://parlorpress.com/pages/x-series>*, Parlor
Press

My Google Scholar Profile
<https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=OtvmSE0AAAAJ&hl=en>