[ATTW-L] JOB Michigan State University Tenure Track Assistant Professor

Potts, Liza lpotts at msu.edu
Sat Oct 15 01:32:20 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

We’re hiring at MSU! Come work with us as we continue to grow our awesome XA program and expand our research at WIDE.

The Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures at Michigan State University seeks a colleague at the rank of assistant professor to join our department to contribute to the Bachelor of Arts in Experience Architecture (XA) program (administered in collaboration with the Department of Art, Art History, and Design). Our department is an innovative, inclusive community that encourages intellectual and cultural diversity and is dedicated to preparing communicators in the culturally, technologically, and economically dynamic environments of the 21st century.

This is a nine-month, academic-year, tenure-system faculty appointment beginning August 16, 2023. We are interested in early career scholars with the potential to do outstanding research and teaching in user experience and accessibility. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of success in interdisciplinary/transdisciplinary work in user-centered design and/or humanities computing anchored to social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Preferred area(s) of special interest include accessibility, disability studies, and user experience research methods. The teaching load is 2/2; we are especially interested in scholars able to teach across our undergraduate and graduate programs (BA in Professional and Public Writing; BA in Experience Architecture; MA and PhD in Rhetoric and Writing). Contributing to our mission includes opportunities to participate in several research and practice labs (including WIDE and The Cube), engage with community and industry partners, collaborate on curriculum design, serve on committees, work across multiple teams, and take on administrative roles.

Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or other terminal degree in Rhetoric and Writing or in a closely related field (e.g., Technical Communication) by August 15, 2023. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Review of applications will begin October 25. 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. For more information, see our job ad here: https://careers.msu.edu/en-us/job/512615/assistant-professortenure-system.

Liza
Liza Potts, Ph.D.
Professor, Associate Chair and Director of Graduate Studies
Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures
Michigan State University