[ATTW-L] New issue of the Journal of Rhetoric, Professional Communication, and Globalization

Zhou, Quan quan.zhou at metrostate.edu
Wed Oct 19 13:52:05 UTC 2022

[cid:B1187F8A-C52B-4645-A520-25F8E87C2DBB]

Dear colleagues,

It is my pleasure to announce the new issue of the Journal of Rhetoric, Professional Communication, and Globalization, 11(1). The first since we re-activated RPCG, this is a special issue on Intercultural and Participatory Risk Communication About COVID-19: Using Immaterial Labor to Promote Social Justice in a Pandemic. It is co-edited by Huiling Ding of North Carolina State University and Yeqing Kong of the University of North Carolina Wilmington.

I’d like to thank Dr. Ding and Dr. Kong for their sterling work, Dr. Holly Baker for her indispensable work as technical editor, and our authors and reviewers who have made this issue come to life.

The following is a list of articles in this special issue. You can access both individual articles and the issue as a whole document on the journal’s website: www.rpcgjournal.org<http://www.rpcgjournal.org>
Articles

PDF<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1074&context=rpcg>

Introduction to Special Issue on Intercultural and Participatory Risk Communication About COVID-19: Using Immaterial Labor to Promote Social Justice in a Pandemic<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/rpcg/vol11/iss1/2>
Huiling Ding and Yeqing Kong

PDF<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1067&context=rpcg>

Building Coalitions to Support Indigenous Language Speakers During the COVID-19 Pandemic<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/rpcg/vol11/iss1/3>
Erika Hernández Cuevas and Laura J. Gonzales

PDF<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1070&context=rpcg>

Translingual and Translational Practices as Rhetorical Care Technologies in COVID-19 Recovery<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/rpcg/vol11/iss1/4>
Soyeon Lee

PDF<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1072&context=rpcg>

The Communicative and Affective Labor of Public Pandemic Diaries: The Case of Fang Fang’s Wuhan Diary<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/rpcg/vol11/iss1/5>
Chen Chen

PDF<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1068&context=rpcg>

Manufactured Scarcity: Countering Artificial Information Vacuums through Grassroot Risk Communications during the COVID-19 Pandemic<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/rpcg/vol11/iss1/6>
Pritisha Shrestha and Gabriella Wilson

PDF<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1069&context=rpcg>

Intercultural Content Reuse and Social Justice: Comparing Chinese and U.S. Media Coverage of Anti-Asian Racism During the COVID-19 Pandemic<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/rpcg/vol11/iss1/7>
Chenxing Xie
Book

PDF<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1075&context=rpcg>

RPCG - Special Issue, 2022<https://docs.lib.purdue.edu/rpcg/vol11/iss1/1>
Quan Zhou, Ph.D. (He/Him/His)
Editor-In-Chief, Journal of Rhetoric, Professional Communication, and Globalization

Chair and Professor
Department of Technical Communication & Interaction Design
School of Communication, Writing, and the Arts
College of Liberal Arts

Metropolitan State University, Twin Cities, MN (Bdote, MniSota)
A Member of Minnesota State
quan.zhou at metrostate.edu<mailto:quan.zhou at metrostate.edu>

[cid:image002.png at 01D842B9.EA6525F0]

Celebrating 50 years!