[ATTW-L] TT Assistant Professor (Writing Center Director & Professional Writing Faculty) at Ball State University

Allison Hitt allison.hitt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:52:54 UTC 2022

Hello, everyone,

The Department of English at Ball State University is seeking a
tenure-track faculty member to begin in August 2023. We are seeking an
Assistant Professor in Rhetoric and Composition to direct our Writing
Center, contribute to our graduate programs (MA & PhD), and teach in our
undergraduate major in professional writing.

You can access the posting here: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/33109

Minimum Qualifications: PhD in Rhetoric and Composition/ Professional
Writing or equivalent from an accredited university by time of appointment.
A dissertation, book, or two refereed articles completed within the last
six years or by the time of appointment. Two years working in a writing
center at the collegiate level. Six semesters of teaching experience at the
collegiate level.

Preferred Qualifications: A dissertation, book, or refereed article
completed within the last two years specifically related to either writing
center studies or professional writing. Experience as a Writing Center
Director or Assistant Director. Teaching experience in a professional
writing program. Experience with graduate teaching or mentorship.

Materials to Submit: Cover letter, CV, Inclusive Excellence/Diversity
Statement, Teaching Philosophy, Administrative Philosophy

I’m a member of the search committee and am happy to field questions.

Take good care,

Allison Hitt

*Dr. Allison H. Hitt*
Assistant Professor in Rhetoric & Composition
Ball State University
allisonhitt.com

(pronouns: she/her)