[ATTW-L] Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Composition (Professional Writing and Cultural Rhetorics)

angela Laflen alaflen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:43:14 UTC 2022

The Department of English at California State University, Sacramento
invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and
Composition with a specialization in Cultural Rhetorics and Professional
Writing.

The successful candidate will teach and develop professional/technical
writing courses focused on cultural rhetorics and social justice. They will
teach and advise in our English major; GE curriculum; undergraduate
Professional Writing Certificate; and the MA program in Composition,
Rhetoric, and Professional Writing. We are particularly interested in
potential colleagues with research/teaching interests that include but are
not limited to antiracist pedagogy, alternative rhetorics, cultural
rhetorics, editing, publishing, grant writing, or writing for various
professions*.* In addition to teaching, research, and community service,
faculty also participate in advising and service to our department and
university. We anticipate that faculty will collaborate with the
university’s established service learning and internship programs and
contribute to the ongoing development of campus anti-racism and inclusion
efforts.  The candidate will also play a significant role in growing the
new undergraduate Professional Writing Certificate program and the MA
program in Composition, Rhetoric, and Professional Writing. Preference
for candidates
using an anti-racist/culturally sustaining framework in scholarship,
teaching, and service. Ph.D. required by start date in Rhetoric,
Composition, Professional/Technical Writing or a related field.  ABD
candidates will be considered. If ABD, candidates will be required to
complete the doctoral degree by August 2023.

California State University, Sacramento is an Asian-American and Native
American Pacific Islander Serving-Institution and a Hispanic
Serving-Institution. Candidates must demonstrate the capacity to develop an
inclusive curriculum and engage in work that celebrates, supports, and
helps to sustain the diverse backgrounds of our students, faculty, staff,
and community.  Please see our University statement on inclusive excellence
here Sacramento State Inclusive Excellence Statement | Sacramento State
(csus.edu)
<https://www.csus.edu/diversity-inclusion/division-inclusive-excellence/diversity-inclusion-statement.html>
.

Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs website
located at
https://careers.csus.edu/en-us/job/519900/tenure-track-faculty-rhetoric-and-composition-english
Applicants will need to create a new user account to enter applications in
People Admin.

Candidates must include the following attachments with the application:

·       Cover letter that addresses the qualifications for the position

·       Current curriculum vitae

·       Writing sample of approximately 15 pages

·       Diversity statement: Sacramento State values diversity and
inclusion and has made a university-wide commitment to being an inclusive
institution. What contributions are you most proud of that demonstrate your
commitment to promoting an inclusive environment? Please limit your
response to 500 words.

·       Unofficial transcripts attesting to highest degree earned (official
transcripts required if invited for interview).

At the time of application, please also have three confidential letters of
recommendation sent to: Professor Hellen Lee, Department of English, 6000 J
Street MS 6075, Sacramento, CA 95819-6075. For questions, please contact
engl-chair at csus.edu.