[ATTW-L] CORRECTED LINK: Announcing new issue of Communication Design Quarterly

Jordan Frith frithjh at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:25:23 UTC 2023

Quite embarrassingly, I sent out a broken link to our newest issue of *CDQ.
*Yikes. Anyways I'm resending the email with the correct link in this
email. Let's all agree to forget that first email ever happened :).

Hi all,
I'm emailing to announce the publication of Volume 11, Issue 4 of
<https://cdq.sigdoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/CDQ-11.4.pdf>*Communication
Design Quarterly.
<https://cdq.sigdoc.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/CDQ-11.4-1.pdf> *The
issue begins with an In Memoriam for Dr. Halcyon Lawrence and includes a
range of excellent full-length research articles, industry insight reports,
and book reviews. See the list below for a brief overview. I hope you all
enjoy the issue, and feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any
questions or are interested in contributing your work to *Communication
Design Quarterly. *

   - *In Memoriam: Dr Halcyon Lawrence*, by Jordan Frith
   - *Advocating for Student Users: Comparing PDF and Canvas Webpages as
   Digital Readings*, by Jared S. Colton, Rebecca Walton, and Christopher
   Phillips
   - *The Usability of an Integrated Smart Home: A Usability Study of a
   Laboratory-Based Google Smart Home*, by David Wright, Matthew Dew,
   Daniel B. Shank and Thomas Yarbrough
   - *StoryMapping Civic Engagement: Reflexive Chorography, Spatial
   Justice, and the Carnegie Classification for Community Engagement*, by
   Brian Gogan and John C. Scott
   - *“But who really pays when it’s ‘free?’”: Debunking Publisher Claims
   About OER in Writing Courses*, by Tiffani Tijerna
   - *A-Proxy-Mate Users: An Industry-Driven, Flexible, Testable, Reliable
   Model for Selecting Proxy Users*, by Twyla Campbell and Candice Lanius
   - *Review of Bodies of knowledge: Embodied rhetorics in theory and
   practice*, by Kristin C. Bennett
   - *Review of UX on the go: A flexible guide to user experience design*,
   by Paul Thompson Hunter
   - *Review of Making matters: Craft, ethics, and new materialist
   rhetorics*, by Hannah Hopkins

--

Jordan Frith, Ph.D.

Pearce Professor of Professional Communication

Clemson University

Pronouns: He/Him

My new *Object Lessons *book: *Barcode
<https://bookshop.org/p/books/barcode-jordan-frith/19896061?ean=9781501399916>*