[ATTW-L] CWPA Conference Proposal Deadline Extended

Lilian Mina lilian.mina at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 18:33:00 UTC 2023

Hello everyone,

We know it's a busy semester and that putting together a conference
proposal may be challenging as we approach mid-semester point. To give
everyone a few more days to send in their CWPA conference proposals,
*the proposal deadline will be extended to 11:59 pm EDT on March 17. *

We are still looking for more presentations from under-represented
institutions: SLACs, HBCUs, two-year colleges, and Tribal Colleges. So
please encourage people you know working at these institutions to send us
their proposals. I'd love to see all institution types represented at the
conference.

We are also still looking for more institute proposals. Thanks for those
who submitted one. If you have an idea but are not sure whether it would
work for an institute, I'm happy to talk about it. Reach out and let's
discuss what you have in mind.

*Reminders*

*Conference CFP and Emerging Discussions can be found here
<https://wpacouncil.org/aws/CWPA/pt/sp/conference_home_page>. *

*Edited Collection on Social Justice WPAing*

Dominic DelliCarpini, David Green (conference keynote speakers), and I will
co-edit a new collection on the conference theme: Social Justice WPAing.
Like the conference CFP, this collection “*invites and challenges WPAs from
all types of institutions to think of all the ways we have done social
justice work in all aspects of our administration and leadership roles. It
asks about our commitment to social justice of all individuals and groups
in our programs, especially those whose voice has never been heard or whose
presence hasn’t mattered in our programs in the past. It encourages us to
critique, plan, transform, and reflect.”*

The purpose of that collection is 1) to contribute to the somewhat scarce
literature on social justice and WPA work, 2) to give many conference
presentations a wider audience, and 3) to give WPAs interested in doing
social justice work in their programs a good resource that they can use.

Unlike conference proceedings, this collection will go through the regular
editorial and peer-review process to ensure quality of publication. *Only
presenters at the CWPA summer conference* will have the opportunity to
submit proposals to that collection based on their conference
presentations. Get your proposals in before the March 6th deadline and
don’t miss this opportunity to share your work with conference attendants
and possibly a wider audience afterwards.

A complete CFP will be available close to the conference in July.

*Keynote Speakers*

[image: Keynote Speakers.png]
All registration and sponsorship information will be available soon.

Best,
Lilian
*Lilian W. Mina*
*, Ph.D.*Vice President/President Elect, Council of Writing Program
Administrators
Associate Professor of English, Rhetoric and Composition
Director of Freshman English
Department of English
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
To schedule a meeting: https://calendly.com/lilianmina/meeting-with-lilian
<lilian.mina at gmail.com>